cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 08:16 PM   #11
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
At the game yesterday I saw Lamont limping a little, I couldnt tell if he was injured or if it was just the "Pimp Limp" considering all the hot ladies in the crowd. Anyone know?
He's definitely redshirting. Probably the pimp limp. Haven't heard anything about an injury. I'm actually quite shocked he's redshirting. That's a real head scratcher for me. If he sucks, then get him in and out and his redshirt off the books. If he's the pg next year, get him some experience now. He's obviously not a star and is never going to be, so I don't see the need to rs him to give him two years of starting time.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:22 PM   #12
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
He's definitely redshirting. Probably the pimp limp. Haven't heard anything about an injury. I'm actually quite shocked he's redshirting. That's a real head scratcher for me. If he sucks, then get him in and out and his redshirt off the books. If he's the pg next year, get him some experience now. He's obviously not a star and is never going to be, so I don't see the need to rs him to give him two years of starting time.
The only other thought I might have on his redshirt is he will announce a transfer to a lower division this spring. That way he keeps his elgibility in tact and can move down a level and play right away.

Because it defies logic. If he is good enough to play he would. If he isn't good enough to play why waste a scholarship on him for 3 years?
Old 11-21-2008, 05:31 PM   #13
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
When we recruited this guy, we all were scratching our heads looking at his lack of stats in college and why we recruited him.

Three "games" into his college career, it's more of the same. His stats so far in three games including blue-white.

60 minutes, 2 steals, 3 turnovers 2 assists, 6 rebounds, 0 points, three shot attempts--all three pointers (one was a desperation three with time running out on shot clock--shouldn't be counted against him), hasn't even attempted a free throw.

The guy definitely can handle the ball and can defend a guard (as long as height's not an issue). I just watch him play and it's blah, nothing happening, and the stats reflect it.
Here's my post on Morgan after seeing him in preseason games last year.

Despite the reports that he had made a lot of progress since then, it doesn't like hopeful.

His stats after two exhibition and three games this year:

4/17 shooting, 2/11 from 3, only one free throw attempted. 17 assists, 10 TO's. 6th on team in steals. Not gonna cut it.

Too bad he redshirted last year. His schollie would be available after this season.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:54 PM   #14
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Here's my post on Morgan after seeing him in preseason games last year.

Despite the reports that he had made a lot of progress since then, it doesn't like hopeful.

His stats after two exhibition and three games this year:

4/17 shooting, 2/11 from 3, only one free throw attempted. 17 assists, 10 TO's. 6th on team in steals. Not gonna cut it.

Too bad he redshirted last year. His schollie would be available after this season.
Agree. I think that Morgan's main contribution to this team can be to eat up some minutes that Emery would otherwise have to play. I would prefer that Emery not play 28 minutes a game like he is right now, or I am afraid his mission legs will be dead by February.
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #15
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
Agree. I think that Morgan's main contribution to this team can be to eat up some minutes that Emery would otherwise have to play. I would prefer that Emery not play 28 minutes a game like he is right now, or I am afraid his mission legs will be dead by February.
That and if BYU faces a pg like the kid from Xavier Morgan can defend him. His role will evolve over the year but I see a 18 mpg role player. Jimmer is the pg to build the team around and my guess is Jimmer becomes the squad's 3rd best scoring option.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:14 PM   #16
HighHorse

HighHorse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lamont Morgan
Jr...........It's Lamont Morgan Jr.