cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 04:16 AM   #31
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
If we beat #6 ranked Louisville and #1 ranked North Carolina on back to back nights it would be a straight up travesty if BYU weren't ranked in the Top25 next week.
Unless we lose by 30 we need to be ranked next week. We're already 40/31, so 25 wouldn't be a big jump after beating #6 early in the season.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:53 AM   #32
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
Unless we lose by 30 we need to be ranked next week. We're already 40/31, so 25 wouldn't be a big jump after beating #6 early in the season.
Old Dominion isn't proving to be a push-over! BYU may not be playing UNC tomorrow if they don't step it up.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 07:05 AM   #33
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Great win. Wow!

If we beat Louisville and UNC on back to back nights, no way are we not ranked. If we lose to unc, we won't be ranked, but we will be close.
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:00 PM   #34
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecoug View Post
Great win. Wow!

If we beat Louisville and UNC on back to back nights, no way are we not ranked. If we lose to unc, we won't be ranked, but we will be close.
If we play UNC tight enough we might squeak into the top 25. We're already 31st right now.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:14 PM   #35
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

If we beat UNC, I think we will be in the top 15. Not saying we are a legit top 15 team, but this early in the year, the polls are fuid, and two wins like that would move us up big time.
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:51 PM   #36
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
If we beat #6 ranked Louisville and #1 ranked North Carolina on back to back nights it would be a straight up travesty if BYU weren't ranked in the Top25 next week.
That was a really good win for BYU, but don't kid yourself about Louisville without Padgett they are not a top 10 team. They are a borderline top 25 team without Padgett. However, that is a really good victory for BYU either way.

BYU might just be able to win a NCAA tournament game, because that Louisville team is the type of team you will likely be meeting in the first round.

I am very impressed with BYU's offense. I hate watching that style of offense, but it has been effective for BYU. I still think BYU's defense is just not that good. Louisville had a ton of wide open looks in the game. BYU's interior defense was also incredibly poor.

BYU probably shouldn't have too much difficulty winning the MWC.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:56 PM   #37
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
That was a really good win for BYU, but don't kid yourself about Louisville without Padgett they are not a top 10 team. They are a borderline top 25 team without Padgett. However, that is a really good victory for BYU either way.

BYU might just be able to win a NCAA tournament game, because that Louisville team is the type of team you will likely be meeting in the first round.

I am very impressed with BYU's offense. I hate watching that style of offense, but it has been effective for BYU. I still think BYU's defense is just not that good. Louisville had a ton of wide open looks in the game. BYU's interior defense was also incredibly poor.

BYU probably shouldn't have too much difficulty winning the MWC.
I agree about BYU winning the conference. The Cougars are the team to beat and even without Padgett, beating Louisville is a big win for BYU and will be a confidence booster.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:19 AM   #38
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post

I am very impressed with BYU's offense. I hate watching that style of offense, but it has been effective for BYU.
Funk, why don't you like BYU's offense? Inside game, outside game. Quick passing, quick reversals. Good fast break, great secondary fast break.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:30 AM   #39
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Funk, why don't you like BYU's offense? Inside game, outside game. Quick passing, quick reversals. Good fast break, great secondary fast break.
he likes watching the princeton offense. he likes slow boring basketball.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote