cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2007, 10:15 PM   #1
A-Train

A-Train is on a distinguished road
Default Memo to Plaisted: Do not go Pro yet!!!

I don't understand how people think Plaisted will be a lottery pick in the NBA. At this point in his college career he isn't no Araujo and we know how he did in the NBA. Now don't get me wrong, I do think Plaisted is a great college player but he is not NBA material. His game is more adept to European ball than NBA ball.

For NBA scouts to really drool over Plaisted, they would need to see him be able to take it out 15 feet and hit that shot on a consistant basis. I don't think Plaisted has that kind of range, and if he does he hasn't shown it yet. If he were to leave for the NBA after this year he would be a 2nd round pick... maybe.

He needs to work on his outside game to compliment his inside game because he will need both in the NBA.
A-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Your Avatar is offensive. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if someone had an avatar with side-by-side pictures of Gordon B. Hinkley and Yoda.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:56 PM   #3
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
Your Avatar is offensive. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if someone had an avatar with side-by-side pictures of Gordon B. Hinkley and Yoda.
I recognize Gollum.

Who is the other dude?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:14 PM   #4
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

My Memo to Plaisted, go pro.

My memo to Luke Nevill, go back to Australia.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:20 AM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Plaisted could work himself into the first round, where the money is guaranteed after 2009, but this year the best he gets is second round, with no guarantee.

Stay in school.

Nevill go pro in Australia.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:36 AM   #6
A-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
That would be factually incorrect. The correct side by side picture should be Spencer W. Kimball and Yoda. We all know that! If you are offended by my picture, then you should send a note to Cougarboard and have me banned there.... Oh, wait, I am.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:25 AM   #7
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Plaisted should stick around longer so that the scouts can discover his complete lack of mid range skills? If he is in anyway a lock to go first round which he just might be (based on athletic ability alone) he should go immediately to the draft. Ask Josh McRoberts about that one.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:40 AM   #8
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
Plaisted should stick around longer so that the scouts can discover his complete lack of mid range skills? If he is in anyway a lock to go first round which he just might be (based on athletic ability alone) he should go immediately to the draft. Ask Josh McRoberts about that one.
Josh McRoberts?

How about asking Shawn Bradley if he made the right decision. He's got millions of yes answers.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:57 PM   #9
A-Train

If he is a lock to go in the first round, I would go as well. My point is, I don't see him as a first round lock and I doubt many of the scouts do as well. Most of the hype is coming from the press about Plaisted not from anybody that really is in the know. I just don't want Plaisted taking the bad advice which is out there and thinking that he is better than he is. He still has some serious growth but people in and around Provo don't see it.

Hansbrough might not even be a 1st round pick and that guy is an all american. He will not be able to do anything in the NBA because he doesn't have the mid range game and doesn't play long the post. There is a reason why he hasn't left early because in today's NBA, teams draft based on upside, see the influx of crappy Europeans that were supposedly great but can't handle the physicality of the NBA. What about Tyrus Thomas? Dude can leap out of the gym but has no offensive game.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #10
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

BYU doesnt have a great history with big men in the NBA.

Bradley, Smith, Kite, Araujo.