cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2007, 04:20 PM   #11
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

The NBA repeatedly overvalues size and athleticism. If Araujo can be a lottery pick, then Plaisted certainly can be one too. It's not necessarily because he's THAT good, but it's a function of supply and demand and the afforementioned overvaluing.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:54 PM   #12
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

C'mon, none of us gives a damn whether or not Plaisted makes it in the NBA. We want him around for another year to better BYU's chances on the court.

I agree with Indy on what the NBA wants. A good year will probably put Plaisted up there and he should take the money, whether he makes it as a player or not. Any one of us, put in the same situation, would and should take the sure $2-3 million.

It's just a game afterall.

We need to get used to Miles in the Middle.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:26 PM   #13
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
C'mon, none of us gives a damn whether or not Plaisted makes it in the NBA. We want him around for another year to better BYU's chances on the court.

I agree with Indy on what the NBA wants. A good year will probably put Plaisted up there and he should take the money, whether he makes it as a player or not. Any one of us, put in the same situation, would and should take the sure $2-3 million.

It's just a game afterall.

We need to get used to Miles in the Middle.
Miles needed a redshirt this year more than ex-ute needs to drink a bottle of Summer's Eve. After watching Chris play I am convinced that Trent going pro this year was a foregone conclusion before the season started. Rose is doing everything to prepare Chris for a bigger role next year.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:56 PM   #14
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Miles needed a redshirt this year more than ex-ute needs to drink a bottle of Summer's Eve. After watching Chris play I am convinced that Trent going pro this year was a foregone conclusion before the season started. Rose is doing everything to prepare Chris for a bigger role next year.
Good chance you are right. Rose needed to get Miles minutes and experience because he, Anderson, and MacGregor could be our big men next year.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:32 PM   #15
A-Train

A-Train is on a distinguished road

You maybe right and if Plaisted is a lock for the first round, he should go but I don't think he is. I am all for what's best for Plaisted but many times these kids get people whispering in their ear, telling them they are better than they are. That said, just based on what I have seen of his game, his post moves would get him nothing in the pros. He would get his junk tossed on a nightly basis and I just don't know if he has an outside "J" that would help in make defenders honest in the NBA.

1st round picks need to be impact players that can help immediately to a team. Can you imagine Plaisted using his post moves against Bosh, KG, or Boozer for that matter? With that being said, if Jason Smith could go at #20 than Plaisted can shoot for that.
A-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:55 AM   #16
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Josh McRoberts?

How about asking Shawn Bradley if he made the right decision. He's got millions of yes answers.
Josh McRoberts was a high lottery pick if he'd have gone pro after his freshman year. As it was he stayed and went in the second round, thereby costing himself millions of guaranteed dollars.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:57 AM   #17
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
Josh McRoberts was a high lottery pick if he'd have gone pro after his freshman year. As it was he stayed and went in the second round, thereby costing himself millions of guaranteed dollars.
Ok.

As you can see, I don't follow the NBA.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:00 AM   #18
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Ok.

As you can see, I don't follow the NBA.
It is one of your many frailties, Ute fan, Jazz fan, and worst of all Republican. You are forgiven.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:49 AM   #19
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
It is one of your many frailties, Ute fan, Jazz fan, and worst of all Republican. You are forgiven.
You forgot the adjective unapologetic for each of those.

I hope it's ok if I'm an Orioles fan.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:18 PM   #20
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
BYU doesnt have a great history with big men in the NBA.

Bradley, Smith, Kite, Araujo.
That is putting it mildly...but you did have Fred Roberts, who is one of my all time favorite players.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote