cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2008, 04:39 PM   #11
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
You beat me to it. The only person being exposed is Rocky. Perhaps Rocky may have validity to his claims, who knows, he shouts it so shrilly, nobody else cares.

Prof Ball is a good poster and I hope he doesn't fight with Prof Ball. Jimmer is what he is and we shouldn't denigrate any of our players so stridently. Tease Trent for shooting FTs like Shaq, or Tav for fifteen consecutive air balls, but jeez they are our players.
Coming from the masterbator of negativity and posts thick with rich irony and hypocrisy, I thank you for making me laugh.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #12
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Where did he say Jimmer was going to transfer?

I just read where he said Rose didnt know how to treat young players (I completely disagree, but thats his opinion) and that he will shake Jimmers confidence with this game (maybe Jimmer is not very mentally tough). Regardless I agree with Indy, we just won by 14 on the road, who cares who played and who didnt play, Jimmers time will come.
Compared to other coaches, I think Rose is masterful about optimizing the balance between developing confidence and not letting players play out of control or hurt you in games. Utes think he's too soft but it's a very important skill for a college coach. Cleve was even a little too tough and not good at developing their confidence, but Rose is about perfect.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #13
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Acknowledging that I was stuck in the blizzard trying to get home last night after rescuing my wife, and can't view cougarboard at work, and therefore haven't seen the posts in question...

Isn't it possible that Prof reacted emotionally to the way the game went last night? Isn't it likely that, given time to think & calm down, he'll react differently?

Winning the game should be more important than massaging one player's ego. The ego-building comes during practice (along with the tearing down, of course). Game-time isn't the place or time for it.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:16 PM   #14
Spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Compared to other coaches, I think Rose is masterful about optimizing the balance between developing confidence and not letting players play out of control or hurt you in games. Utes think he's too soft but it's a very important skill for a college coach. Cleve was even a little too tough and not good at developing their confidence, but Rose is about perfect.
Evidence of this is the number of 'newcomers of the year' BYU's had recently. Trent, JT, and Jimmer in the running this year...
Old 02-14-2008, 05:16 PM   #15
scottie

scottie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Coming from the masterbator of negativity and posts thick with rich irony and hypocrisy...
A masturbator of negativity? What in the world does that mean? I assume it was meant as an insult, but not sure.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #16
Spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
A masturbator of negativity? What in the world does that mean? I assume it was meant as an insult, but not sure.
It's a rather poor attempt at adding humor to a post by including a 'taboo' word... I think my 12-year-old nephew may find it funny.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:40 PM   #17
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
Acknowledging that I was stuck in the blizzard trying to get home last night after rescuing my wife, and can't view cougarboard at work, and therefore haven't seen the posts in question...

Isn't it possible that Prof reacted emotionally to the way the game went last night? Isn't it likely that, given time to think & calm down, he'll react differently?

Winning the game should be more important than massaging one player's ego. The ego-building comes during practice (along with the tearing down, of course). Game-time isn't the place or time for it.
I told him last night he was reacting emotionally because of the famalial attachment, but of course like most who can't see the forest for the trees when they're super pissed off...he didn't think that had anything to do with his outbursts.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:44 PM   #18
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I told him last night he was reacting emotionally ..... but of course like most who can't see the forest for the trees when they're super pissed off...

(cough, cough)
Old 02-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #19
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I told him last night he was reacting emotionally because of the famalial attachment, but of course like most who can't see the forest for the trees when they're super pissed off...he didn't think that had anything to do with his outbursts.
That was really good. I haven't ever thought of you as someone who throws humor into their posts. However, that was a good one.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #20
Spaz

Quote:
Interesting. Personally I don't feel a message board is the best place to do that sort of thing. Of course, you also have every right to post whatever you want within the rules of the forum.

Of course, after reading some of your posts, I can understand how he may have been put off. You don't come across as the most diplomatic poster...