cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball

Old 02-27-2008, 02:33 PM   #21
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
Are you referring to Trent running down the court and shaking his Jersey (the BYU logo on the front of his jersey, I think) at the crowd? I thought the announcers said he was doing that to the BYU fan section.

If it was done towards UNM fans, I'm slightly disappointed in the conduct.
I am trying to think of all the great BYU players who after their wife got taunted the whole game, would never have taunted their fans in return.

There may be some who could stay cool, calm and collected in any circumstances, however if that becomes another requirement of athletes at BYU, we won't even be able to field teams that can beat local Ward teams.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #22
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Plaisted getting nothing but net (and I'm not talking the kind that I used to shoot, where the ball brushes past the bottom of the net, having never entered the cylinder) on the two FT attempts with 5 seconds or so left will probably enter my Top 10 BYU Sports Moments. Usually dreadful at the charity stripe, Plaisted stepped up "for Lacey" and administered a huge groin kick to the Lobos.

And I enjoy Mr. Crimson's bewilderment on Utefans that BYU won in OT without a single FG. I'm not sure why this would be all that surprising. I assume Alford is a sentient being, and as such instructed his team NOT to let Plaisted get a shot at the hoop, knowing that BYU would be going to Trent as much as possible and that TP's FT percentage is lower than Stevie Wonder's. The strategy seemed to work at first, with TP going 1-2 the first time, and the refs swallowing their whistle on at least one later move to the hoop. But on the fateful final attempt, Trent stepped up. May he and Lacey celebrate long and joyously tonight.
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #23
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Are you referring to Trent running down the court and shaking his Jersey (the BYU logo on the front of his jersey, I think) at the crowd? I thought the announcers said he was doing that to the BYU fan section.

Don't be a pussy, they had been taunting him about his wife the whole game.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #24
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I hope Trent can get over your disappointment in him.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:32 PM   #25
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Slightly disapointed? That is gay.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #26
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

The Lobos student section had Laceys mug shot blown up and they were chanting DUI the whole night (the utes do the same thing without the mugshots and with about 1/10 of the students.) But Trent also said at times he had people yelling sexually explicit things about what they wanted to do to his wife.

I dont blame Trent or Lee for doing what they did, the Lobos can lick'em. We own them right now. Let me add that the UNM board is hilarious right now. They have UNLV, Wyoming, and Ute fans going over there telling them how they got screwed on that last call.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:06 PM   #27
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Let me add that the UNM board is hilarious right now. They have UNLV, Wyoming, and Ute fans going over there telling them how they got screwed on that last call.
Stop it. I'm getting all misty here at work.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:13 PM   #28
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Stop it. I'm getting all misty here at work.
When I was a younger man and wore a younger man's clothes, I would pray and ask God what it would have been like to have been older in the early 80's and with the internet. God granted me my wish.

Honestly, in your wildest dreams when BYU's athletic administrators were in Hawaii with the football program in shambles and nobody scrambling to fix it, the hoops team unable to get the ball across halfcourt and losing badly to everybody did we ever think that in 3 years BYU would have every team in this conference holding onto our belt loops being passed around for a pack of smokes? I don't know if it is Holmoe, Samuelson, God or Mike Waters, but somebody somewhere has done something good.

I can imagine this is how the early 80's would have been with the internet.

God is great!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:16 PM   #29
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

Honestly, in your wildest dreams when BYU's athletic administrators were in Hawaii with the football program in shambles and nobody scrambling to fix it, the hoops team unable to get the ball across halfcourt and losing badly to everybody did we ever think that in 3 years BYU would have every team in this conference holding onto our belt loops being passed around for a pack of smokes? I don't know if it is Holmoe, Samuelson, God or Mike Waters, but somebody somewhere has done something good.
That was a dark moment in BYU history. Also the week I got kicked off CB. Samuelson/Holmoe/Skousen/Crowton/Bronco/Eyring and whoever else was involved was on my shit list that week. Not to mention Thibious and Jefe.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:19 PM   #30
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
That was a dark moment in BYU history. Also the week I got kicked off CB. Samuelson/Holmoe/Skousen/Crowton/Bronco/Eyring and whoever else was involved was on my shit list that week. Not to mention Thibious and Jefe.
In other words, you want the credit?

I'll give it you, I just don't want anything to change.