cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2008, 12:46 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I hate to say it...

but Jimmer is the only BYU player with cojones tonight.

Good job Jimmer. Teach your teammates how to sack up.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:59 AM   #2
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

When have you ever hated to say something negative about BYU sports? You're probably right by the way (I havent been watching the game, I'm at the hospital).
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:00 AM   #3
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
When have you ever hated to say something negative about BYU sports?
No kidding. That was funny.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:03 AM   #4
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

I hate UNLV. That was a painful loss. Wink Adams won that single-handedly. How do you stop that?

The thing that bugged me was that the Vs. announcers kept raving about how gutsy and tough the Rebels were and how it was such a great performance. In the entire broadcast, I don't recall a single comment about the fact that it was a home game. How do you ignore that fact when you make an analysis?
Old 03-16-2008, 01:07 AM   #5
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
I hate UNLV. That was a painful loss. Wink Adams won that single-handedly. How do you stop that?

The thing that bugged me was that the Vs. announcers kept raving about how gutsy and tough the Rebels were and how it was such a great performance. In the entire broadcast, I don't recall a single comment about the fact that it was a home game. How do you ignore that fact when you make an analysis?

Exactly. Congratulations to UNLV for winning another home game.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:11 AM   #6
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:

I agree. The fact that UNLV gets homecourt advantage is huge for them. Announcers wouldn't overlook such an obvious fact if the game were at the Marriott Center.

BYU played poorly. Plaisted has a ton of work to do to improve his game. He frequently disappears, he goes soft to the rim, he bobbles good passes, he is slow on his first step after getting a quick pass in the lane, and he doesn't seem to have the power to dunk over an opponent. His defense is hugely suspect too. He often winds up way out of position at the top of the key chasing a guard, leaving him open to backdoor cuts.

Tavernari is a good shooter, until he decides he is a good shooter.

Cummard is our best player, but he is slow on his footwork on defense.

I like what I see from Fredette, and Collinsworth will be solid for a while to come too.

This team is good. It has faults, but it is good. It requires the entire team to stay focused if they are going to win a game or 2 in the tournament. Their seeding took a one to three seed hit tonight, particularly with the big point spread difference at the end. Rather than be a 5, they will probably be a 6-8 now (I would bet an 8). It is almost better to be a 12 than an 8. BYU is once again in no man's land. UNLV may have moved up to an 8 tonight too.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:11 AM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:

Wrong. BYU's inability to handle the pick n' rolls is what killed them. More specifically, Plaisted was a huge defensive liability.

The story of better athletes taking it to the rim on BYU, and BYU settling for outside jumpers, well I've heard that story before.

BYU from the 1 position to the 4 position can't get to the rim (with the exception of Jimmer). That's the difference.

How many charges did BYU draw? There's your answer to the game there.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:13 AM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Really pisses me off that Joe Darger can push Trent out to 12 feet.

Trent is a pussy, that's the truth. You're 6'11" and you let a 6'6" guy push you out to 12 feet. NBA my hiney.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:17 AM   #9
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

BYU is one and done because when the game gets helter skelter, they all become pussies.

There is no Wink Adams or Curtis Terry on our team. The commentators were correct that BYU needed to take it to the hole, but instead we were content to shoot jump shots.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:22 AM   #10
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Plaisted is a no show today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I agree. The fact that UNLV gets homecourt advantage is huge for them. Announcers wouldn't overlook such an obvious fact if the game were at the Marriott Center.

BYU played poorly. Plaisted has a ton of work to do to improve his game. He frequently disappears, he goes soft to the rim, he bobbles good passes, he is slow on his first step after getting a quick pass in the lane, and he doesn't seem to have the power to dunk over an opponent. His defense is hugely suspect too. He often winds up way out of position at the top of the key chasing a guard, leaving him open to backdoor cuts.

Tavernari is a good shooter, until he decides he is a good shooter.

Cummard is our best player, but he is slow on his footwork on defense.

I like what I see from Fredette, and Collinsworth will be solid for a while to come too.

This team is good. It has faults, but it is good. It requires the entire team to stay focused if they are going to win a game or 2 in the tournament. Their seeding took a one to three seed hit tonight, particularly with the big point spread difference at the end. Rather than be a 5, they will probably be a 6-8 now (I would bet an 8). It is almost better to be a 12 than an 8. BYU is once again in no man's land. UNLV may have moved up to an 8 tonight too.
And this clown thinks he's ready for the NBA? What is he smoking? He can't out rebound shorter guys? He doesn't have a jump shot. Yeah, you're ready.

Plus Rose was outcoached. Let's see. Terry in the corner. Plaisted's man comes out to set a pick and then Terry drives toward the basket with 2-3 different options. It happened at least 8 times!
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote