cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2008, 01:23 AM   #11
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Jimmer is the only one with cojones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
BYU is one and done because when the game gets helter skelter, they all become pussies.

There is no Wink Adams or Curtis Terry on our team. The commentators were correct that BYU needed to take it to the hole, but instead we were content to shoot jump shots.
It definitely isn't Plaisted.....the biggest guy on the court!
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:24 AM   #12
exUte

Default And BYU couldn't recruit Darger because

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Really pisses me off that Joe Darger can push Trent out to 12 feet.

Trent is a pussy, that's the truth. You're 6'11" and you let a 6'6" guy push you out to 12 feet. NBA my hiney.
of 'image'. Darger would have been a good get for BYU.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:32 AM   #13
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
BYU played poorly. Plaisted has a ton of work to do to improve his game. He frequently disappears, he goes soft to the rim, he bobbles good passes, he is slow on his first step after getting a quick pass in the lane, and he doesn't seem to have the power to dunk over an opponent. His defense is hugely suspect too. He often winds up way out of position at the top of the key chasing a guard, leaving him open to backdoor cuts.
Soft is an understatement. The absolutely worst 6'10"+ finisher I've ever seen. Pathetic.

One never knows what one is going to get with TP. He is so inconsistent. How could he ever think he is ready to go to the next level (unless of course that next level is playing some place in Turkey). Sometimes I wonder if we won't be better off without him.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:00 AM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

2nd half fell apart when they tried to go through Plaisted.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:55 AM   #15
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Wrong. BYU's inability to handle the pick n' rolls is what killed them. More specifically, Plaisted was a huge defensive liability.

The story of better athletes taking it to the rim on BYU, and BYU settling for outside jumpers, well I've heard that story before.

BYU from the 1 position to the 4 position can't get to the rim (with the exception of Jimmer). That's the difference.

How many charges did BYU draw? There's your answer to the game there.
Yes, BYU should have taken it inside in the second half. And Trent was playing way too far outside out of the paint defensively.

Nevertheless, three straight three-pointers by Adams in the last few minutes were huge. He had a big game.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:05 AM   #16
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Wrong. BYU's inability to handle the pick n' rolls is what killed them. More specifically, Plaisted was a huge defensive liability.

The story of better athletes taking it to the rim on BYU, and BYU settling for outside jumpers, well I've heard that story before.

BYU from the 1 position to the 4 position can't get to the rim (with the exception of Jimmer). That's the difference.

How many charges did BYU draw? There's your answer to the game there.
It really sucks that BYU plays so well for such long stretches in the season and then loses focus in front of rabid UNLV fans. Twice.

You can slice and dice it any way that you want but homecourt was HUGE in this series. Its just too bad that the team didn't have the balls to suck it up and deliver through it all. They really had a chance to prove something positive about themselves.

And I guess that tp is back to being a goat for today.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:15 AM   #17
exUte

Default TP may be the goat today.........but

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall View Post
It really sucks that BYU plays so well for such long stretches in the season and then loses focus in front of rabid UNLV fans. Twice.

You can slice and dice it any way that you want but homecourt was HUGE in this series. Its just too bad that the team didn't have the balls to suck it up and deliver through it all. They really had a chance to prove something positive about themselves.

he'll be in the NBA in a few months. Trust him. He thinks he's ready. :???:
Old 03-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #18
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

I would imagine that Trent and the people advising him probably think that he could get better coaching at his position in the NBA...and they are probably right. That doesn't mean that he is NBA ready, but so few players ever are.
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #19
exUte

Default Home court in basketball is HUGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall View Post

anytime. That's why the NBA teams play for home court advantage. Get that MWC? Duh!

And this BS that the UNLV athletic directors tries to shove down the media's throats about BYU storming the field after the Las Vegas Bowl.........I didn't see fights breaking out. If the UNLV fans were merely celebrating, no need to fight.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:27 PM   #20
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
anytime. That's why the NBA teams play for home court advantage. Get that MWC? Duh!

And this BS that the UNLV athletic directors tries to shove down the media's throats about BYU storming the field after the Las Vegas Bowl.........I didn't see fights breaking out. If the UNLV fans were merely celebrating, no need to fight.
I think the real reason the fights broke out.....the reason that nobody on the BYU side is talking about....is that the majority of our fans are complete a-holes that deserve to get their dome punched in every now and then.

Why DID these fights break out? Because UNLV was happy? Why would any BYU try to help security keep UNLV fans from running onto the court? I have yet to hear a BYU fan raise the possibility that maybe these fights were the result of annoying behavior all game long.

BYU fans often behave obnoxiously at games. The male fans say stupid stuff. It is not uncommon to see annoying male fans showing up to games wearing slacks and a coat. Most of the middle aged or older men wear braided leather belts. The fans bring babies to stadiums and breast feed during critical moments of the game. The women wear annoying jean capris or ridiculous jumpers or other conservative sun dresses to the stadium. Our band plays songs like "popcorn" and "Hey Baby."

Personally, I am shocked that there are not more fights at BYU away games. Maybe this will cause certain folks to re-evaluate their behavior while sitting in someone else's gym.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote