cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #31
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Anyone who wears a braided leather belt deserves to be knocked in the teeth.
There are few issues where UteStar and I can find common ground, but on this point I can safely assume that he agrees with me that you are DEAD wrong. Braided leather belts are incredibly cool. Not only do they look sweet, but you don't have to worry about what to do with the excess belt once it is cinched. You just loop it around the area right next to the buckle. Perfect. Great looking and convenient. Who doesn't love braided leather belts?
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #32
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
There are few issues where UteStar and I can find common ground, but on this point I can safely assume that he agrees with me that you are DEAD wrong. Braided leather belts are incredibly cool. Not only do they look sweet, but you don't have to worry about what to do with the excess belt once it is cinched. You just loop it around the area right next to the buckle. Perfect. Great looking and convenient. Who doesn't love braided leather belts?
No question. Its hip and its happening. Add that to leather pants, and you have yourself a party all by yourself.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:31 PM   #33
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

So is a braided leather belt, a Carbon County coup de grace in terms of fashion statements?
Old 03-16-2008, 08:39 PM   #34
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
So is a braided leather belt, a Carbon County coup de grace in terms of fashion statements?
That and a Carhartt jacket and you're ready for a nice dinner at JB's.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:02 PM   #35
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
That and a Carhartt jacket and you're ready for a nice dinner at JB's.
Most savvy Chess King patrons know that the basics for casual chic in Utah consist of

1. A nice pair of Girbeaud jeans (preferably the green ones or the weird shade of dark blue)
2. a blousy faux-denim blue shirt (top button undone to expose crew neck t shirt underneath
3. a brown braided leather belt with looped excess. Tip of the looped belt should be no more than 5 inches away from the Girbeaud jeans label that covers the penis area of the jeans.
4. The patented Utah brown leather shoes, which are worn for dressy and casual events. Acceptable brown shoes include boots and loafers, however if the loafers are not Doc Martens, then they must have lug soles.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:05 PM   #36
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Most savvy Chess King patrons know that the basics for casual chic in Utah consist of

1. A nice pair of Girbeaud jeans (preferably the green ones or the weird shade of dark blue)
2. a blousy faux-denim blue shirt (top button undone to expose crew neck t shirt underneath
3. a brown braided leather belt with looped excess. Tip of the looped belt should be no more than 5 inches away from the Girbeaud jeans label that covers the penis area of the jeans.
4. The patented Utah brown leather shoes, which are worn for dressy and casual events. Acceptable brown shoes include boots and loafers, however if the loafers are not Doc Martens, then they must have lug soles.
I wish I even knew what these were, not that I have any fashion sense as my favorite shirts are all made of cool mesh, but I can't play along as I'm completely lost on most of these.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:18 PM   #37
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I wish I even knew what these were, not that I have any fashion sense as my favorite shirts are all made of cool mesh, but I can't play along as I'm completely lost on most of these.
Ironically, the fact that you dont know what Girbaud jeans are means that you have GREAT fashion sense.

Basically, I think they were standard issue pants for kids that grew up along the wasatch front in the 80s. when I arrived at BYU as a freshman, i was amazed at how many guys were walking around wearing jeans with penis tags on them. I didnt get it. the jeans were almost always secured with a braided leather belt (BLB). When normal folks wear a belt, they tuck the slight excess into the belt loops on their pants. However, when rocking a BLB, you take the extreme excess and form a sort of simple knot around the belt itself, with the excess left dangling. And yes, people actually dressed like this and thought it was really cool.

Also, growing up in SoCal, I had no clue what a "rugby" was. I knew what the sport was. I had no idea why people wore "rugby" in their daily lives. Then I learned that the Church issued a decree that all families take portraits wearing matching rugbies.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #38
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Girbeaud jeans? I don't buy French products - not even Bic pens.

Denim shirts suck.

No belt necessary, as I buy pants that fit.

Guilty about brown shoes for dress occasions. The rest of the time it's just sandals (no socks) or the New Balance court shoes I have on right now.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:30 PM   #39
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Frank Ryan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
of 'image'. Darger would have been a good get for BYU.
I thought he wanted to leave the state and wasn't interested in BYU, USU or Utah

-- Ken Loach
Frank Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #40
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Ryan View Post
I thought he wanted to leave the state and wasn't interested in BYU, USU or Utah
This is what I heard as well.

Exie just thinks he knows what's going on.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote