cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Texas A&M and racism

Quote:
On the tape, the white student in blackface is disciplined by a second white student playing the role of a slave master with a belt. Professors say the white student is carrying a “12th Man Towel,” a symbol of how Texas A&M fans help the football team. In the three-and-a-half minute tape, the student in blackface is put through a mock whipping and sexual assault.
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2644559
(you will have to sit through a commercial first)

Quote:
Almost one year ago, my son's 6month ordeal at A&M ended when he transferred to SMU.His freshman year started off great. He was the first pledge of the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity and he enjoyed his classes. A sophomore pledge named Adam started calling him by a racist name, Sabu because of his, because of his dark skin. He is a third generation Lebanese American. He had never experienced racism in his life.Other pledges caught on with bully Adam and older FIJI's did not stop it. Adam and some of the pledges made physical threats as well as continued racial name calling. After several incidents of being call NIGGER by members of the corp he called and said he wanted out. The corp members travel in pickup truck packs and pick on loan people,like the fake brave soldiers they think they are.
I hope black athletes quit coming to A&M and for my part I am going to send the letters I meant to send last year to Minister Louis Farrakahn of the NOI and NAACP to let them know about this school, the Phi Gamma Delta's, and the Jasper of central Texas,College Station.
I was going to press criminal hate crimes against the Phi Gammma Delta and Adam. A lady who is the city atty for College Station sai racism is a big problem. She told me about a bar called The Library where the white patrons who gets in and served.

Thank God for Brian Ross's investigation. He needs to bring the lovely racist A&M CORP to the light of day as well as the Phi Gamma Delta, and the city of College Station before another James Byrd is dragged to death by the little Nazis in that area.

Until I saw the Ross report I was going to let this go away. I am going full force against the racists in this article and more.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...xas_am_st.html
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Btw, there is a huge thread urging that one player get more PT. He just happens to be the one white player who gets some semblance of playing time.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.a...756&forum_id=7
Old 03-17-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Frank Ryan is on a distinguished road
Default Looks like the school had

Nick Griffin, English Nazi prick, speak

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2007/1...speaking-tour/

-- Ken Loach
Frank Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

It's hard to find a single Aggie that will suggest that A&M needs to change its culture that discourages blacks from attending.

It's not hard to guess why.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:32 PM   #5
TexasAg

TexasAg is on a distinguished road

Mike, you are being laughed at on Texags.com right now. Why in the world are you on the site of a school that ALSO doesn't have a large minority group and bashing A&M for the same thing?

Please don't imply that A&M purposely maintains a culture that keeps minorities away. It is what it is, there is no master plan behind it. That is a stupid thing to say anyway. I am not going to go to Grambling St and tell them to change their culture so more whites would go there.

UT Austin is the one with racial problems in their admissions
http://www.utnotfair.org/
TexasAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:34 PM   #6
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAg View Post
Mike, you are being laughed at on Texags.com right now. Why in the world are you on the site of a school that ALSO doesn't have a large minority group and bashing A&M for the same thing?

Please don't imply that A&M purposely maintains a culture that keeps minorities away. It is what it is, there is no master plan behind it. That is a stupid thing to say anyway. I am not going to go to Grambling St and tell them to change their culture so more whites would go there.

Thursday can't come quick enough. These BYU-TA&M bashing threads are already tiresome.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:

Here's the difference: you can have a discussion here on this site. But if you try to have a discussion on texags, your thread will be deleted and you will be banned.

1. College Station has the reputation for its police being over-the-top, and not minority friendly.
2. A&M has the reputation of not being a very great place for African Americans to attend. The reputation is there. Is it just a self-fulfilling prophecy? Well, that is something people can DISCUSS. But they can't discuss it when the topic is banned.

There are actually a few more liberal-minded Aggies out there. But the neanderthal majority shout them down anytime they say anything. I've seen it. I've read about it in the Eagle and the Battalion.

I'm perfectly open. I've been saying for a long time that Mormonism had a problem with race-relations and STILL has a problem. I've been beating that drum for years, and there are a dozens of people here that will vouch for me.

Where are the Aggies who are stepping up and saying, "even if it is just a perception, it is still a problem, I want my university to be a place with the reputation of being welcoming to ALL races." Where are the people on Texags saying this? can't find them. all I hear are crickets.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:43 PM   #8
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
UT Austin is the one with racial problems in their admissions http://www.utnotfair.org/
Did anyone else read this link? UT's "racial problems" consist of some people thinking UT is doing to much to try to get racial minorities into their school. Yeah, that's reprehensible.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:53 PM   #9
TexasAg

TexasAg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
1. College Station has the reputation for its police being over-the-top, and not minority friendly.
link please, I can just make stuff up too

Quote:
Where are the Aggies who are stepping up and saying, "even if it is just a perception, it is still a problem, I want my university to be a place with the reputation of being welcoming to ALL races."
My previous boss works at a Prospective Student Center in Dallas, which is how I found out about them. There are a handful in the Metroplex and other cities. The purpose of those is to reach out to minorites, by going to high schools and educating students about A&M and meeting with prospective students at the centers. Now, these centers are located in certain areas to maximize exposure to minorities. This was a project started by current Sec. of Defense, former Texas A&M University President, Dr. Robert Gates when he was still president at A&M.

Good enough for you?
TexasAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
link please, I can just make stuff up too

My previous boss works at a Prospective Student Center in Dallas, which is how I found out about them. There are a handful in the Metroplex and other cities. The purpose of those is to reach out to minorites, by going to high schools and educating students about A&M and meeting with prospective students at the centers. Now, these centers are located in certain areas to maximize exposure to minorities. This was a project started by current Sec. of Defense, former Texas A&M University President, Dr. Robert Gates when he was still president at A&M.

Good enough for you?
If you step up and say "I agree with Dr. Gates implemented plan to reach out to minorities and improve the reputation of A&M in minority communities"

Then I will say that at least one Aggie stepped up.