cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball

Old 03-18-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Texags banned me

I knew the ban would come.

I like to talk about controversial things, and there are a lot of people who don't like controversial topics being raised.

Too bad, we could have had some fun.

And yes, I did attend A&M briefly. It's a shame that such a good university has to try to feel better about itself by tearing other people down.

You guys are good people. You don't need to do those sorts of things. Just be proud of what you have. Be willing to accept change to make things better. Relax. No need to parade your rings around to announce that you have graduated from college--act like you've been there before.

It's all good.

See you Thursday night.

BEAT THE HELL OUTTA THE AGGIES!!!!
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:29 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Oh, and an Aggie is saying that I thought the Mountain Meadows Massacre was justified.

That is not true. And I never said that. I said that some people have said it was justified, which offends the descendants of the victims.

I do not believe it was justified. I believe it was evil and wrong.

[where do these guys come up with this stuff?]
Old 03-18-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

From BMEDAggie11

Quote:
There's a difference between making mormon jokes and bonfire jokes, and you know it
Now this is funny.

You can rip apart a religion, but by golly, you can't make fun of burning thousands of logs in a football rally.

Yeah, there is a difference. One is called "being a bigot" and the other is making fun of a freaking tradition (which many Aggies happen to oppose on grounds of waste and environmental damage, but you wont' find anyone say that on Texags, there would be a lynch mob).

At the end of the day, Texags can't compete in the free market of ideas. That's why they ban me, when I was nothing but polite.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Syd Barrett, if you're reading this, I'd be happy to come on texags discuss things.

I'm not afraid to show my face and stick to my guns where I am right, and apologize where I am wrong.

Your moderators have had enough already, however.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:38 PM   #5
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Curse you, mikewaters!

I go over to the TexAgs board and you are getting credit for some of MY jokes. The least they could do was properly attitribute quotes to the appropriate author.

As an aside, I didnt know bonfire jokes were such a hot button issue for those guys over there. They get all hot under the collar, collapse under pressue, then start flaming away.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:40 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I've rarely seen such a pathetic display. Maybe because I don't look enough.

To be honest, I think they are afraid of me. The truth stings. Very few people want the truth.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:42 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Seriously, the mods there have a trigger finger. Give me a warning and say next warning is a ban.

And then I get banned for what I said on a DIFFERENT site!!!

It really is a cult for them.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:44 PM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I should add: for all of you that bashed the Mormon church in the thread bashing me, I say this...

Thanks for proving my point.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:44 PM   #9
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to start your own aTm board: AggieGuard.com

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:45 PM   #10
PortlandAggie

PortlandAggie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Curse you, mikewaters!

I go over to the TexAgs board and you are getting credit for some of MY jokes. The least they could do was properly attitribute quotes to the appropriate author.

As an aside, I didnt know bonfire jokes were such a hot button issue for those guys over there. They get all hot under the collar, collapse under pressue, then start flaming away.
Maybe if you did a little research you'd discover why Bonfire jokes are so hot for us Aggies. Lets say at BYU something happened that killed 12 people in 1999, when this event had never hurt anyone (nothing more than just minor injuries) in it's 100 year existance? Then people preceded to make jokes about that. You'd probably get ticked off, too.
PortlandAggie is offline   Reply With Quote