cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2008, 08:26 PM   #31
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Dang. I dont know about anyone else, but after I watch that highlight video, I dont even care about the basketball game. Is it almost September?
Seriously. I love that video. That was probably my all-time favorite BYU team. Our receivers were ridiculous. Chad Lewis, Itula Mili, Kaipo McGuire, K.O., James Dye and Ben Cahoon. The emotion showed by K.O. on that last play was priceless.

Those uniforms were also great.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:27 PM   #32
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

The one redeeming thing about the "bash Mike Waters" thread is that no jackass on cougarboard apologized in behalf of all Mormons and BYU fans, etc etc.

Probably only because they can't figure out how to sign up.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:28 PM   #33
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Good gracious. How silly.

Can't we all just hate the Longhorns together?
I hate all of them. Aggies, Longhorns, Trojans, Buckeyes, Sooners, Utes. It makes no difference, except at least the Utes aren't artificially propped up by a faulty system.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:29 PM   #34
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

I'm not surprised that you got this kind of response on an opponent's message board, but they're saying some pretty mean-spirited stuff.

I thought that, deep down, all Texans were mostly libertarians so I'm surprised MW got a ban. If there's fascism in Texas, it must be everywhere.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:32 PM   #35
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
I'm not surprised that you got this kind of response on an opponent's message board, but they're saying some pretty mean-spirited stuff.

I thought that, deep down, all Texans were mostly libertarians so I'm surprised MW got a ban. If there's fascism in Texas, it must be everywhere.
A&M is the most fascist of all Texas universities.

But some would argue that BYU is the most fascist of all Utah universities. BYU can't help it. But Aggies choose to be fascists and that is the most disgusting part.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:45 PM   #36
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Those guys are seriously idiots, I love the "making fun of mormons is not the same as making fun of bonfires."

different people hold different things sacred, for TAMU its keeping the university predominantly white (unless it helps athletics of course) and burning students.

For BYU its the LDS religion.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #37
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Those guys are seriously idiots, I love the "making fun of mormons is not the same as making fun of bonfires."

different people hold different things sacred, for TAMU its keeping the university predominantly white (unless it helps athletics of course) and burning students.

For BYU its the LDS religion.
CJ, they don't burn students. They burn logs.

They actually still have a bonfire, except it is offsite and run by students who volunteer. Yes, they spend thousands of hours gathering wood, piling it up, and eventually burning it.

Back in the old days being drunk as possible was part of this. But I think there are rules against etoh at this new bonfire.

The students who died were crushed to death. Some or all of the families sued A&M. Turns out that what most people thought was safe and organized, turned out to be unsafe and was merely tradition in the way it was constructed.

I won't say A&M is overtly racist. But I will say that if you are a white racist, A&M would be a better choice for you than UT or Rice or any number of other schools.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #38
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Good gracious. How silly.

Can't we all just hate the Longhorns together?
I will join you in this. What do I need to do?

RIP Rose Bowl 2006.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:52 PM   #39
pelagius

pelagius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Buckeyes
Surely, there are exceptions to your buckeye hate? I am going to have to become an ally of Utestar if you continue done this road of blind hate towards all poisonous nuts. Nuts are people too.
pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #40
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelagius View Post
Surely, there are exceptions to your buckeye hate? I am going to have to become an allies of Utestar if you continue done this road of blind hate towards all poisonous nuts. Nuts are people too.
You're not fooling anybody. You're as much Buckeye as I am Flyer. We're first and foremost Cougars.

I do have a soft spot for the Peanut Butter and Chocolate Buckeyes.