cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2008, 04:53 AM   #21
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
That's a mean fighting move.
No doubt learned at Rex Kwan Do.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:10 AM   #22
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
"one of these fierce guys"? You're just embarrassed that somebody caught you and Arch going at on tape. Great 360 spin by the way. That's a mean fighting move.
It's called modesty, my friend. You should try it. I didn't want to scare everyone here.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:11 AM   #23
creekster

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
No doubt learned at Rex Kwan Do.

Ha! Rex wishes he had a sweet move like the 360 roundhouse slap.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:15 AM   #24
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post

I think it's obvious that their cycling shoes were throwing them off balance or it would have been like any other fight between two 125lb French guys with shaved legs.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #25
TexasAg

TexasAg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Most of us come here to argue about politics and religion or to get a few laughs. I venture that if you stuck around here for a couple of weeks, you'd find some nice conversation.
Don't let MikeWaters see you say something like this, according to him you guys have the memory capacity of elephants and will rehash the bigotry comments for weeks to come. Nice to see that, like I was assuming, all of this Texags.com, bannishment, Anti-mormon bigotry stuff is just for this week and in a matter of a couple of weeks there actually ARE other 'nice' conversations.
TexasAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #26
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAg View Post
Don't let MikeWaters see you say something like this, according to him you guys have the memory capacity of elephants and will rehash the bigotry comments for weeks to come. Nice to see that, like I was assuming, all of this Texags.com, bannishment, Anti-mormon bigotry stuff is just for this week and in a matter of a couple of weeks there actually ARE other 'nice' conversations.
Oddly enough, I'm actually not concerned about MikeWaters seeing what I posted. He runs a fine forum where posters don't participate under threat of a ban.

I also didn't mean to infer that we wouldn't forget the ignorant attitude displayed by the Texags faithful. One particular skill us Mormons have acquired is the ability to remember past wrongs.

With that said, I am still certain you would find this a hospitable place to discuss whatever is on your mind.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #27
TexasAg

I can remember people that have wronged me, but I do have the ability to move on and focus on more important things. If you want to fester on the past wrong doings, well have fun with that.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:55 PM   #28
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I can remember people that have wronged me, but I do have the ability to move on and focus on more important things. If you want to fester on the past wrong doings, well have fun with that.
Reading is fundamental.

I'm reading YOhio's post and I'm not seeing the part where he said he (or we, speaking for the whole) would "fester" on anything. He did say we would remember those things, just as you admitted you do as well.

I also find it quite humorous that YOhio was cordial in his response to you even encouraging you and your differing viewpoints to hang around. Your response was a condescending post in which you put words in his mouth to complete your feeble attempt at an insult.

Texags, I think it's great that you've come to this site, put up with plenty of BS, and given it back, rather than just posting and running away like so many fans of opposing teams do, but the longer you hang around you will notice that not all of us are out to get you.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #29
TexasAg

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
Reading is fundamental.

I'm reading YOhio's post and I'm not seeing the part where he said he (or we, speaking for the whole) would "fester" on anything. He did say we would remember those things, just as you admitted you do as well.
Well when I said it was nice to know there would be 'other' conversations in a matter of a couple of weeks I wasn't expecting to hear AGAIN, like MikeWaters has before, of the memory Mormons possess of those that have wronged them. I was trying to make sense of the emphasis put on that ability, that some of you feel the need to keep reminding me of.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:12 PM   #30
creekster

Quote:
Take a hike pal, you're screwing up my thread jack.