cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2008, 02:56 PM   #1
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default If you think Jimmer is mission bound

you were born yesterday. I guarantee he'll not go. The game is more important than missions.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Jimmer's always been a no-go. Not sure what the debate is about.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #3
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
Jimmer's always been a no-go. Not sure what the debate is about.
Any with talent are no goes from the git go from now on. Plaistead et al. were yanked from their missions.

—Paul Auster
Old 03-21-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
Spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Any with talent are no goes from the git go from now on. Plaistead et al. were yanked from their missions.
I really don't know what this means. I've never heard Plaisted was 'yanked' from his mission - it's always been his intention to not go, as far as I'm aware. Plus, he got married, which kinda puts the mission thing on the back-burner for awhile.

If you're trying to imply the church is encouraging exceptional athletes to not go on missions, give it up. We're not buying.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #5
SeattleUte

Quote:
If you're trying to imply the church is encouraging exceptional athletes to not go on missions, give it up. We're not buying.
Name one who has gone the last three years except Collie (who's a religious freak and nut job, I think it's been established).

—Paul Auster
Old 03-21-2008, 03:05 PM   #6
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Name one who has gone the last three years except Collie (who's a religious freak and nut job, I think it's been established).
McKay Jacobsen, Chris Collinsworth, Jackson Emery, Noah Hartstock, Romney Fuga, RJ Willing and Terrance Brown.

Hartstock was the Oklahoma POY in hoops. Every other above name mentioned either started or significantly contributed as a true freshman.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:07 PM   #7
Spaz

Quote:
Like Goat said.

If this is your reasoning, you may as well give up now. You've already lost.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:07 PM   #8
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
McKay Jacobsen, Chris Collinsworth, Jackson Emery, Noah Hartstock, Romney Fuga, RJ Willing and Terrance Brown.

Hartstock was the Oklahoma POY in hoops. Every other above name mentioned either started or significantly contributed as a true freshman.
In fact if I had my option of choosing who returns next year I might be strongly tempted to pick Collinsworth over Plaisted. That might be the emotion talking, but I think that Collinsworth is on the verge of becoming a good college ball player with the chance to be very good as a junior and senior. Sadly it is likely to be severely impaired.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:11 PM   #9
Spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
In fact if I had my option of choosing who returns next year I might be strongly tempted to pick Collinsworth over Plaisted. That might be the emotion talking, but I think that Collinsworth is on the verge of becoming a good college ball player with the chance to be very good as a junior and senior. Sadly it is likely to be severely impaired.
I wouldn't complain if Collinsworth came back. I certainly wouldn't take him over Plaisted.

Chris has shown a helluva lot of improvement lately. He's been very good as a 4th or 5th option the last 5 games or so.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #10
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
I wouldn't complain if Collinsworth came back. I certainly wouldn't take him over Plaisted.

Chris has shown a helluva lot of improvement lately. He's been very good as a 4th or 5th option the last 5 games or so.
Chris appears to me to have many of the athletic advantages of Trent, but he also has a far better hoops skill set. I think if he were to have redshirted this year and then played 4 straight years he would be a better player.

He was really getting comfortable and confident enough to make an impact. I think as his shooting improves he could become a really good player for BYU.