cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball

Old 03-21-2008, 03:19 PM   #11
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Chris appears to me to have many of the athletic advantages of Trent, but he also has a far better hoops skill set. I think if he were to have redshirted this year and then played 4 straight years he would be a better player.

He was really getting comfortable and confident enough to make an impact. I think as his shooting improves he could become a really good player for BYU.
He's got a different skill set. I don't think he's nearly as skilled on the low block post as Trent. On the other hand, he's already shown a jump-shot - something Trent needs to develop.

I agree - he will end up being a very good player.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #12
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
He's got a different skill set. I don't think he's nearly as skilled on the low block post as Trent. On the other hand, he's already shown a jump-shot - something Trent needs to develop.

The low block doesn't exist for Plaisted. He catches the ball 18 feet away from the basket because he's such a pussy that he can't maintain position.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #13
SoonerCoug

Other observations:

(1) Cummard needs to shoot until his 56% FG percentage drops to 45%, and his 3-point percentage drops from 45% to 35%.

(2) Collinsworth should only shoot if it's within 15 feet of the basket.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:25 PM   #14
Spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
The low block doesn't exist for Plaisted. He catches the ball 18 feet away from the basket because he's such a pussy that he can't maintain position.
This is only true when teams are pressuring the ball, ala UNLV. When the post feed is coming from 25+ feet, Trent HAS to be 12+ feet out to receive the feed.

Trent got pushed off the block too often last night too. I can't put much blame on him, when A&M is running 3-4 different guys roughly his size at him all night long.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #15
Spaz

Quote:
Other observations:

(1) Cummard needs to shoot until his 56% FG percentage drops to 45%, and his 3-point percentage drops from 45% to 35%.

(2) Collinsworth should only shoot if it's within 15 feet of the basket.
Cummard shot too many running jump-shots from 18 feet last night. He should have driven in for 12-foot jumpers. He definitely should shoot more.

Collinsworth has been fairly reliable from distance recently. He hit big 3's vs. SDSU & TCU.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #16
SoonerCoug

Quote:
This is only true when teams are pressuring the ball, ala UNLV. When the post feed is coming from 25+ feet, Trent HAS to be 12+ feet out to receive the feed.

Trent got pushed off the block too often last night too. I can't put much blame on him, when A&M is running 3-4 different guys roughly his size at him all night long.
I just figured it out. You ARE Plaisted! (Spaz)
Old 03-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #17
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

He is a perimeter player. If he stuck around I would start him at the 3 with Tavernari at the 4. If the opposing 4 is athletic and good have Collinsworth guard him. If the opposing 4 is stationary then have Tavernari guard him. If the 3 is just a spot up shooter put Tav on him, if the 3 is athletic guard him with Collinsworth.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:30 PM   #18
Spaz

Quote:
I just figured it out. You ARE Plaisted! (Spaz)
Nope.

I find it rather humorous when the only argument one can make is "you're the player we're arguing about" or "you're the player's dad".

Fact: Trent was playing well defensively & on the boards last night while he was in in the first half.

Fact: we were badly outrebounded while playing the zone D in the second half last night.

Fact: It's common for zone defenses to give up a lot of offensive boards.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:52 PM   #19
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
McKay Jacobsen, Chris Collinsworth, Jackson Emery, Noah Hartstock, Romney Fuga, RJ Willing and Terrance Brown.

Hartstock was the Oklahoma POY in hoops. Every other above name mentioned either started or significantly contributed as a true freshman.
I never heard of Hartsock, turns out the Tulsa World had him first team "All Metro", not POY for the state.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #20
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
I never heard of Hartsock, turns out the Tulsa World had him first team "All Metro", not POY for the state.
Thanks, but that was a patently absured, not creditable statement all along.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote