cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball

Old 09-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #41
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Perhaps you should wait until BYU actually goes undefeated before you claim that one. Plus if BYU does go undefeated this year, Hall is going to need to cash out now and hit the draft. BYU goes undefeated BYU is in a BcS game and Hall is a the top 5 of the Heisman ballot. He would need to get out when the getting is good, because he stock would never be higher.
Signed,
Chase Daniels
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:16 PM   #42
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Signed,
Chase Daniels
signed,

Matt Leinart
Old 09-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #43
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

It may be my imagination, but I think Max actually has a little more zip on his passes this year. Usually I don't see guys get stronger, but maybe in his case he did.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:25 PM   #44
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
It may be my imagination, but I think Max actually has a little more zip on his passes this year. Usually I don't see guys get stronger, but maybe in his case he did.
I bet he's doping.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:55 PM   #45
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
2008 Michigan > 1984 Michigan? If you had any credibility to begin with you would have just lost it right there.
I'm just playing your little game of silly assessments. Are you upset because I beat you at it?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:47 PM   #46
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Perhaps you should wait until BYU actually goes undefeated before you claim that one. Plus if BYU does go undefeated this year, Hall is going to need to cash out now and hit the draft. BYU goes undefeated BYU is in a BcS game and Hall is a the top 5 of the Heisman ballot. He would need to get out when the getting is good, because he stock would never be higher.
Why would Hall have to be in the top 5 in the Heisman for it to be a better team? When did that have anything to do with the team?
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:15 PM   #47
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
Why would Hall have to be in the top 5 in the Heisman for it to be a better team? When did that have anything to do with the team?
I said that if BYU goes undefeated that it means that Hall is in the top 5 of the Heisman voting. I just don't see how BYU goes undefeated without Hall putting up the type of numbers necessary for him to get to New York. Plus, if BYU is undefeated they are in a BcS bowl and have enough press to get him to New York.

If Hall has that type of season, he should strongly consider bolting to the NFL if he is going to be drafted in the first 3 rounds because I don't know that it will get much better for him. That type of season is probably the type of hype that is needed to get him into the first 3 rounds, kind of like how Alex Smith rode all his hype to a high draft status. Maybe he doesn't have any NFL potential and will be back as a senior.

Of course, if we are comparing teams even if BYU 2008 or BYU 2009 is a better team than Utah 2004, I would still take Utah in any of these comparisons because of the coaching advantage.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:54 AM   #48
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I just don't see how BYU goes undefeated without Hall putting up the type of numbers necessary for him to get to New York.
I don't buy that. Hall will have to play well for BYU to beat TCU and Utah, but I am not sure I buy that he will have to keep up his current pace for BYU to go undefeated.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:29 PM   #49
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I don't buy that. Hall will have to play well for BYU to beat TCU and Utah, but I am not sure I buy that he will have to keep up his current pace for BYU to go undefeated.
Maybe not his current pace, but he will probably have to consistently throw for 300 yards and a couple of TDs a game. He has already put up some damn good numbers to get him in the top 5. He keeps playing solid and BYU keeps winning he stays there.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #50
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Maybe not his current pace, but he will probably have to consistently throw for 300 yards and a couple of TDs a game. He has already put up some damn good numbers to get him in the top 5. He keeps playing solid and BYU keeps winning he stays there.
So similar numbers to last year? 3800 yards and 26 tds. I guess he should have left last year.