cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2008, 08:28 PM   #21
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Lets see if unlike Waters you are man enough to apologize when you are wrong.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp

Please look at number 138 on the list. First of all I was not comparing overall recruiting classes, I was comparing Haws and how he is clearly superior than any single recruit the Utes have. OVerall the jury is obviously still out.

Also how can you call Dave Rose a terrible recruiter? Jimmer Fredette is a Rose recruit he was solid last year, Tavernari is a Dave Rose recruit he is also very good. Are you just pissed he didnt go after Kepkay?
Tavernari is not very good. He is average. I guess he could be good if he learned how to be a team player and was something more than a gunner who cannot shoot.

Rose has done a solid job in recruiting.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #22
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Lets see if unlike Waters you are man enough to apologize when you are wrong.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp

Please look at number 138 on the list. First of all I was not comparing overall recruiting classes, I was comparing Haws and how he is clearly superior than any single recruit the Utes have. OVerall the jury is obviously still out.

Also how can you call Dave Rose a terrible recruiter? Jimmer Fredette is a Rose recruit he was solid last year, Tavernari is a Dave Rose recruit he is also very good. Are you just pissed he didnt go after Kepkay?
Go to his individual profile. It says under Rivals ranking, NR. Something's fishy. By the way, "intelligent guard with all around skills" is like saying "she has a great personality."

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:39 PM   #23
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Rose has done a solid job in recruiting.
Because he has scooped up the in-state gimmes who want a graceful way out of their missions? What does that prove? Can he win an NCAA game with such recruits?

—Paul Auster
Old 11-14-2008, 08:50 PM   #24
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Because he has scooped up the in-state gimmes who want a graceful way out of their missions? What does that prove? Can he win an NCAA game with such recruits?
You cant win with instate recruits!

Signed,

Britton Johnson and Alex Jensen.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:50 PM   #25
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest, I really like Haws. That was a very nice signing and I think he will have a terrific career with BYU.

With that said, Marshall Henderson (offered by Gonzaga, Notre Dame and Stanford) and Shawn Glover (offered by Oklahoma State and Marquette) were both very good gets by the Utes staff out of Texas. Both players were ranked in the top 15 of 2009 recruits by Texashoops. Those were the key and top signings by the Ute staff.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:30 AM   #26
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
With that said, Marshall Henderson (offered by Gonzaga, Notre Dame and Stanford) and Shawn Glover (offered by Oklahoma State and Marquette) were both very good gets by the Utes staff out of Texas. Both players were ranked in the top 15 of 2009 recruits by Texashoops. Those were the key and top signings by the Ute staff.
By all accounts Olsen is as good as they are. This frosh trio along with the two JC's comprise the best recruiting class in ages at Utah. And 2008 was solid, with Washburn, no. 90 nationwide on the Rivals 150 list. I hope Olsen doesn't go on a mission. What's up with that?

—Paul Auster
Old 11-15-2008, 01:58 PM   #27
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
By all accounts Olsen is as good as they are. This frosh trio along with the two JC's comprise the best recruiting class in ages at Utah. And 2008 was solid, with Washburn, no. 90 nationwide on the Rivals 150 list. I hope Olsen doesn't go on a mission. What's up with that?
so you think your team can make the poor man's NIT again this year? All this recruiting talk is interesting, but it doesn't mean much until the kids actually play. And bash Rose all you want for his recruiting, but he seems to get the players he decides to go after. And yes, he is yet to win an NCAA game, but remind me how many years it's been for Utah since they even played in the important tournament. And you're not kidding anyone. We all know your evaluation of Haws would be much, much different if he had decided to go to Utah.

Last edited by BlueK; 11-15-2008 at 04:12 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:50 PM   #28
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
so you think your team can make the poor man's NIT again this year? All this recruiting talk is interesting, but it doesn't mean much until the kids actually play. And bash Rose all you want for his recruiting, but he seems to get the players he decides to go after. And yes, he is yet to win an NCAA game, but remind me how many years it's been for Utah since they even played in the important tournament. And you're not kidding anyone. We all know your evaluation of Haws would be much, much different if he had decided to go to Utah.
Rose hasn't done squat, and he's burned through most of the full cupboard he inherited. None of us have had any illusion that Boylen had a big job to do. Still, only three years ago Utah went to the Sweet 16 and had a Wooden award winner. Are you satisfied with what Rose has done with his talents? Be honest with yourself.

—Paul Auster
Old 11-16-2008, 01:40 AM   #29
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Rose hasn't done squat, and he's burned through most of the full cupboard he inherited. None of us have had any illusion that Boylen had a big job to do. Still, only three years ago Utah went to the Sweet 16 and had a Wooden award winner. Are you satisfied with what Rose has done with his talents? Be honest with yourself.
UNLV is the new boy on the block, though they looked kinda bad today. Face it, you don't have another Majerus, not likely to find one either.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:10 AM   #30
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What full cupboard? Cleveland won 8 games in his last year. He left for the Fresno State money because he knew there was a good chance he'd get fired in another year.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote