cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball

Old 03-02-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Davies

Doesn't it sometimes feel like there is no God?

Tease us like this, and pull the rug out from under us.

I'm going to puke.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:28 AM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Sure, if Brandon did something against the honor code, I'm not going to condone it.

But just once, just once, can we do something really mean to the snitch? Would that be bad?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Sure, if Brandon did something against the honor code, I'm not going to condone it.

But just once, just once, can we do something really mean to the snitch? Would that be bad?
I am sick, as I will be an old man, next time BYU might have an opportunity to be relevant again. I will be sick watching these team fall apart.

I am not certain I can watch it.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

An OU alum at work just emailed me this:

Quote:
BYU's potential for success in the tournament just went down appreciably with the dismissal of your starting forward, Brandon Davies. I applaud BYU for putting its tenets ahead of athletics (and the potential for many $$).
I hope they join the Big 12.
This is like aural orgasm for BYU administrators. "Every fiber of their being" tingles when they see something like this. Dammit!

A&M fans hate Mormons, but they are enjoying the contrast between the Mormons and the Baptists (Baylor). Baylor didn't suspend their star guard after he broke his girlfriend's jaw in three places (because charges were dropped). It's just that they hate Baylor more.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #5
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
An OU alum at work just emailed me this:

This is like aural orgasm for BYU administrators. "Every fiber of their being" tingles when they see something like this. Dammit!

A&M fans hate Mormons, but they are enjoying the contrast between the Mormons and the Baptists (Baylor). Baylor didn't suspend their star guard after he broke his girlfriend's jaw in three places (because charges were dropped). It's just that they hate Baylor more.
All well and good if BYU's tenets weren't so wrong.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel bad for Davies most of all. Many students are dismissed due to honor code violations, but it's not splashed all over the headlines. Currently, every person in his home town knows, every girl at BYU knows, and everyone in his personal life knows.

Did you listen to Jim Rome this morning? He had a lot of respect for BYU for sticking to their values.

This situation somewhat reminds me of President Monson's general priesthood talk last October, ("The Three Rs of Choice"), where Clayton M. Christensen sat out Oxford's championship game yet they won without him. There's still a couple of weeks for Dave Rose to get that ship in order.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Like I said, this has brought out anti-Mormons from all their usual dark places.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I really hope Davies can stick at BYU and stay for next season. You know, story of redemption.

But I think ute4ever is right. That must be beyond mortifying for Davies and his family (whom I think are Mormon). This would be like getting kicked off your mission, and coming home to find it is the lead story in the national news.

Obviously, as fans, we are tremendously disappointed. But we are also powerless.

Brandon, if you are within the call of my voice, please come back to BYU, with your head up, and kick some ass next year.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #9
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Like I said, this has brought out anti-Mormons from all their usual dark places.
Sorry but this is an example of why I think BYU is despicable. You guys are ruining this 19 year old kid beceuse he got his girl pregnant. If you weren't so backward he'd have used a condom like they do everywhere else. If there's any justice BYU will lose the rest of its games so the mullahs in CB won't be saying BYU was blessed.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:01 AM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Pat Forde.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...pat&id=6175251