cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 09:04 PM   #21
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Majerus was actually bad for you in this regard because he pissed off a lot of Utah high school coaches and ignored Utah/LDS fan base (because he could). But now that that's dry and you don't have a nationally recognized coach, it might be tough for you. I think you have a stronger destiny in football where you can at least expect to be upper middle MWC.
lol, you are just getting funny on this one. You really think the Utes are doomed to be in the bottom half of the MWC. You are beyond delusional on this one. I am not expecting Majerus success, but Utah will be back in the upper half of the MWC within a couple of years.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:06 PM   #22
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Utah's basketball tradition spans many coaches and over seventy years (unlike BYU's football tradition). The proof is Street and Smith's ranking the Utes no. 11 all-time. They are "regional" in your mind only because you say so, and in this, as in your other posts, you are demonstrating your propensity for self-dellusion and believing your own bullshit against all reason and the objective evidence.
Why don't you post a link to that Street and Smith's list, so we can all get a laugh at some of the other schools included on the list? As I recall, Weber State is prominent on that list, and we all know what a powerhouse they are.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:07 PM   #23
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Really when did this happen?

Utah got the top player in the state of Utah last year in Daniel Deane.
And he's not starting on a last place MWC team?

Tell me more about your Utah/LDS recruiting the last five years.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:08 PM   #24
mpfunk

Quote:
And he's not starting on a last place MWC team?

Tell me more about your Utah/LDS recruiting the last five years.
That is because our coach is a idiot, who does not know how to use a player whose skills including defense, rebounding and setting picks.

As for the Street and Smith list, here you go.

http://daresler.net/info/top/basketball-programs/
Old 02-01-2007, 09:10 PM   #25
jay santos

Quote:
lol, you are just getting funny on this one. You really think the Utes are doomed to be in the bottom half of the MWC. You are beyond delusional on this one. I am not expecting Majerus success, but Utah will be back in the upper half of the MWC within a couple of years.
Utah will be in the upper half of the MWC on occasion. I don't doubt that.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:16 PM   #26
mpfunk

Quote:
Utah will be in the upper half of the MWC on occasion. I don't doubt that.
I am sure you think BYU will consistently be the dominant basketball program in the MWC.

Your thoughts on Ute basketball are ridiculous and are heavily biased by your dislike of Utah.

As for your LDS recruiting question, well Majerus kind of stopped recruiting LDS kids that he thought would go on missions.

Utah did get Foster this past year. A kid that BYU also recruited, and got a late push from Arizona. However, he plays defense and rebounds the ball so he is not a Giacoletti player.

Plain fact is that the weight of evidence is certainly against any claim you are making about Utah's basketball program.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:26 PM   #27
jay santos

Quote:
I am sure you think BYU will consistently be the dominant basketball program in the MWC.

Your thoughts on Ute basketball are ridiculous and are heavily biased by your dislike of Utah.

As for your LDS recruiting question, well Majerus kind of stopped recruiting LDS kids that he thought would go on missions.

Utah did get Foster this past year. A kid that BYU also recruited, and got a late push from Arizona. However, he plays defense and rebounds the ball so he is not a Giacoletti player.

Plain fact is that the weight of evidence is certainly against any claim you are making about Utah's basketball program.

I'm sure Wyoming and UNM fans think their program is one good hire from being back in the limelight. You have that in common with them. I wish you luck in that hire. A lot of schools are in your same boat.

I don't have delusions of grandeur for BYU. We'll outrecruit you in Utah but that's not a big deal. We'll get the best of the LDS, which also is a little bigger deal but not much. We'll augment that the best we can with JC's, international recruits like you do.

We have a slight edge on you but not much.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:28 PM   #28
mpfunk

Quote:
I'm sure Wyoming and UNM fans think their program is one good hire from being back in the limelight. You have that in common with them. I wish you luck in that hire. A lot of schools are in your same boat.

I don't have delusions of grandeur for BYU. We'll outrecruit you in Utah but that's not a big deal. We'll get the best of the LDS, which also is a little bigger deal but not much. We'll augment that the best we can with JC's, international recruits like you do.

We have a slight edge on you but not much.
Neither Wyoming nor New Mexico have ever been as successful as Utah in hoops.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:59 PM   #29
jay santos

Quote:
Neither Wyoming nor New Mexico have ever been as successful as Utah in hoops.
Are you talking about the period during a lucky hire who didn't move on to a bigger program like 95% of other coaches in his shoes would do, or are you talking about a time before most of us were born?
Old 02-01-2007, 10:05 PM   #30
mpfunk

Quote:
Are you talking about the period during a lucky hire who didn't move on to a bigger program like 95% of other coaches in his shoes would do, or are you talking about a time before most of us were born?
Well both, including that time before Majerus when many of us were alive and the Utes had great success in basketball. Of and the Utes will have no problem retaining a coach in hoops, this is not football we are talking about.