cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 03:59 AM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
He scored a lot of points but was not as complete a player as he could have been. He also was not a serious NBA candidate. As a freshman he was supple and cocky and slam it down in your face and behind the back dribble type. I recall about 20 ppg as a freshman on a very good team. After his mission he had that wasted, pasty faced white guy look.
SU, please do not use "supple" "cock" "face" "wasted" and "pasty" in the same paragraph again.

Thank you.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:05 AM   #12
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
He scored a lot of points but was not as complete a player as he could have been. He also was not a serious NBA candidate. As a freshman he was supple and cocky and slam it down in your face and behind the back dribble type. I recall about 20 ppg as a freshman on a very good team. After his mission he had that wasted, pasty faced white guy look.
13 ppg as a freshman, 28 as a senior. Pastiness is a given.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:16 AM   #13
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
The 80's was a great decade, but you really need to come out of it if you want to talk college hoops.
Problem is there's nothing re BYU to talk about since then.
SU, I think you're still not getting what Jay is saying.

Either that or you've started down the path of BYU hate and have just decided to run with it.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:16 PM   #14
Chapel-Hill-Coug

Chapel-Hill-Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Oden and Durrant, to name two.
Right but these guys are stars, central to their team throughout the game. You can add a lot of freshman to that list. I'm talking about a freshman who is coming off the bench. Takes a mentally tough kid to come in off the bench and play a clutch role like JT does. My point is that even though he isn't a star, he has the confidence of one.

Really I'm just trying to give the kid a compliment. Given how this post was hijacked, I think I'll keep them to myself from now on :-).
Chapel-Hill-Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:17 PM   #15
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I've liked Tavernari since high school here.

His attitude is sure but not cocky, he enjoys the game and has a nice, quick release.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:33 PM   #16
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel-Hill-Coug View Post
My point is that even though he isn't a star, he has the confidence of one.
Ain't that the truth. I love that about him.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:01 PM   #17
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel-Hill-Coug View Post
Given how this post was hijacked, I think I'll keep them to myself from now on :-).

You should never take a hijacking personally. I started a thread a couple of months ago about my new church calling and within a day it turned into a discussion on Jenna Jameson. With pictures. You just never know.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:37 PM   #18
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
You should never take a hijacking personally. I started a thread a couple of months ago about my new church calling and within a day it turned into a discussion on Jenna Jameson. With pictures. You just never know.

I don't agree the thread was hijacked. It's reasonably within the scope of the original post.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:44 PM   #19
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

I will hijack it then....

If you want to talk about guys who lost it on their mission then bigelow leads that conversation. He was byu's best player his freshman year and then he lost his "mojo" if you will

still serviceable but not the same
Old 02-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #20
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
I will hijack it then....

If you want to talk about guys who lost it on their mission then bigelow leads that conversation. He was byu's best player his freshman year and then he lost his "mojo" if you will

still serviceable but not the same
I think the mission killed Balderson. As a frosh, he was an athlete, running the floor and defending quick guards. Now he's slow as molasses.

I think the argument on Bigs is overstated a little. He was the best player on a really bad team his frosh year. His soph year might have dipped a little, but his best play was as a senior.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote