cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #11
Fish

Fish is an unknown quantity at this point

Mike forgot to mention he was playing outside on the 8 foot hoop when he touched the rim. Inside the gym he's lucky to nick the net when he jumps. Really.

And the Kirilnekoesque block... well, that was his third cousin who happens to be twelve years old. Kind of like the Seinfeld episode "Little Kicks" when Kramer dominated the karate class full of kids. NBD.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Mike forgot to mention he was playing outside on the 8 foot hoop when he touched the rim. Inside the gym he's lucky to nick the net when he jumps. Really.

And the Kirilnekoesque block... well, that was his third cousin who happens to be twelve years old. Kind of like the Seinfeld episode "Little Kicks" when Kramer dominated the karate class full of kids. NBD.
Fish is just pissed because he has never once beat me in one on one. The only sport he can beat me in is tennis. And that's nothing to brag about.

When Fish and I were freshmen we were arguing about who was faster in a sprint. So, finally at 2am, in the middle of winter, we went out to the parking lot. Threw a can in the air behind us, when it landed, we would be off.

He was with me for the first 20 yards, then I destroyed him, I still remember his wicked witch of the west shriek when he realized I had destroyed him "NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!"
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:01 PM   #13
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

My neighbor is only 5'10 and he is a two foot jumper, with small hands, yet he dunks at will.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
My neighbor is only 5'10 and he is a two foot jumper, with small hands, yet he dunks at will.
Send him down to Dallas so I can wash his feet with my hair and linseed oil.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:16 PM   #15
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Send him down to Dallas so I can wash his feet with my hair and linseed oil.
He is also asian, i dont know many asians that can jump well. He is 1/2 chinese. Honestly though in a ward game he drove down the middle of the lane and rose up over a guy that was about 6'6 and dunked on him.

What sucks is he cant shoot, he cant dribble, and he doesnt play defense unless he is a weak side defender where he can block your shot without you seeing him.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:17 PM   #16
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I am skeptical of a 5'10" guy who can't dribble, but can dunk.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:09 AM   #17
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm 5'9" and my days of dunking are gone. Age and 12 scopes of the knees (7 right 5 left) will do that to you.

Just playing pick up ball is hard on my body now, which just amazes me how guys like Stockton and Malone played at the level they did for as long as they did. Stock is 2 years and Malone 1 year older than I.

Mike, if you need someone my size to put up 3 point shots and commit really hard fouls going after a rebound, I'm your guy.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:21 AM   #18
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I was going for a loose ball in the corner with one of their bigger guys. In the process of getting the ball, I got hit in the back of the leg. Then as I was turning, I got hit in the face. A foul was finally called, and I threw the ball as hard as I could against the backboard.

I can tolerate one hard foul. I get pissed when I get two hard fouls in one play, from the same person, esp. if one is in the face.

Too bad you don't live down here IPU.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:34 AM   #19
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I was going for a loose ball in the corner with one of their bigger guys. In the process of getting the ball, I got hit in the back of the leg. Then as I was turning, I got hit in the face. A foul was finally called, and I threw the ball as hard as I could against the backboard.

I can tolerate one hard foul. I get pissed when I get two hard fouls in one play, from the same person, esp. if one is in the face.

Too bad you don't live down here IPU.
Call me a nuts, but I really like hard-nosed, physical basketball. I can take it and I definitely dish it out as well.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:39 AM   #20
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Call me a nuts, but I really like hard-nosed, physical basketball. I can take it and I definitely dish it out as well.
Not me. I used to play down low but I busted my ankle pulling down a rebound in traffic right when I got home from the mission. I spent 3 months in a boot and another few months in physical therapy. So now I float around the perimeter and jack up treys all day. My brother in law calls me the pedestrian because I never drive.

I just hate playing with guys who force me underneath because I am big. I don't mind defending in the paint, but I am not going to post anyone up or crash boards like I used to.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote