cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #11
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Seattle, you're being silly and you know it.

Most fans are fundamentally the same. After any close loss, they're going to complain, whine, "poor us we deserved to win...vast right-wing conspiracy" etc.

Doesn't matter which school it is. Although some are probably slightly better/worse than others.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:38 PM   #12
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
BYU fans are unuquely pathalogical and extreme about this stuff. Waters had a wonderful post on this on CB, saying BYU just needs to go out and win rather than snivelling about being cheated. Of course, he was persecuted extensively for it.
Kind of like your pathological and extreme obsession with the Church and persecution complex thereof because of your mean spirited hatred towards it.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:11 PM   #13
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Please go here and lets see how classy Vandy fans are about the call

http://vanderbilt.rivals.com/forum.a...=1087&fid=1953

a few headlines

1. It should be called the Elite 7
2. 13 page photo spread did he travel you decide
3. we got screwed
4. Vanderbilt did not lose they were not beaten
5. They are calling it the play
6. F$ck you refs
7. "Whats the point in having these rules anyways? I mean if the refs are too scared to call anything or they just don't care or have an agenda there is no point in having any rules at all."
8. He F$cking walked and Vandy was screwed, why is that so hard to admit?

The best team lost.

a few other side notes:

Georgetown needs to retire the numbers of the refs if they win hte national championship.

Everyone that had Vandy in their brackets should be able to keep going and should still get the points because they got screwed.

They have a sticky at the top of the board saying "Did Jeff Green travel? you decide."

Sounds like they are taking this loss with class. No bitching and moaning going on from Vandy fans.
The thing is in a situation like that the refs are loath to decide the game. That's how it works. If you're Vanderbilt you KNOW the ball is going to wind up in the hands of the Big East player of the year, one on whatever you are going to throw at him. And you're going to have to stop him because the refs aren't going to make any dubious traveling calls. If you're Jeff Green, you know you're the man, the rock is going to wind up in your hands, and you'd better stick the shot because the refs aren't going to call a foul unless you get clotheslined.

That's how it works, except, apparently, in the Utah-BYU football game this past season.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:42 PM   #14
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Dubious travelling? Man it was painfully obvious. I yelled at the TV screen, "He changed his pivot feet!" before the banked shot even fell in.

You saw no travel Seattle? Do you know what travelling is? I agree with Barbara here. You're being silly. Nice troll job.

Vandy's coach was very gracious.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:16 PM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I just saw the play and it was an obvious travel. Shame a game is decided on a bad call like that.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:27 PM   #16
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The thing is in a situation like that the refs are loath to decide the game. That's how it works. If you're Vanderbilt you KNOW the ball is going to wind up in the hands of the Big East player of the year, one on whatever you are going to throw at him. And you're going to have to stop him because the refs aren't going to make any dubious traveling calls. If you're Jeff Green, you know you're the man, the rock is going to wind up in your hands, and you'd better stick the shot because the refs aren't going to call a foul unless you get clotheslined.

That's how it works, except, apparently, in the Utah-BYU football game this past season.
Run out of beehives to poke with sticks?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

SU, I am guessing, has probably never played basketball.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:04 AM   #18
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:

Wait a second. Just a minute ago, you accused BYU fans of being ridiculously rampant in their complaining about refs. When shown that Vanderbilt fans are not, on the whole, as classy as the example you showed us that so contrasted with BYU fans, you go complain about the calls made by refs in the BYU-Utah football game?
Old 03-25-2007, 01:46 AM   #19
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
SU, I am guessing, has probably never played basketball.
I've played a ton of basketball, church, intramural and pickup. I was also a manager for the Utes my freshman year.

I will say this. Those Vanderbilt snivellers are wittier and more creative than the CB snivellers. But Vanderbilt has higher SAT scores so it makes sense.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:52 AM   #20
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Vanderbilt has higher SAT scores so it makes sense.
I have dated graduates of both schools, and I concur with the assessment that Vandy yields a wittier, brighter lot.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote