cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 08:13 PM   #41
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I didn't watch the Xavier vs. OSU game because I was out in the stix.

I'm just saying that the talking heads who were talking up BYU were also saying Xavier was overseeded. It wasn't a case of bagging on mid majors.
The talking heads were talking up BYU? I missed that. They weren't bashing us at least. And even though we did lose to a better, more athletic, more experienced Xavier team, it was not like they beat us like a drum ala Cincinnati in 2001. They had to come from behind just to beat us by 2 points. Then Ohio State who has been smoking everyone else in the tournament so far, barely beat them. I'm not sure Cincy in 2001 was any better than this Xavier team was.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:47 PM   #42
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
You know, it's like MikeWaters put it so eloquently on CB, while Indy and others pelted him with rotten fruit. Nobody remembers the whiners, just the winners. Jeff Green will be immortalized as the guy who made that heroic game winning shot against Vanderbilt, setting up that magnificent win against NC that cracked the Final Four. The alleged travel will be shrouded in the fog of history and mythology.
No, he'll be remembered as the guy who made the incredible shot while traveling. Lots of guys make great shots to win games. Not many do it while comitting a violation. You have got to enjoy what providence has flung your way, but recognize it for what it is. Sometimes the officials giveth sometimes they take away.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote