cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tavernari...

Seriously, I don't know if I have ever seen a guy huck up so many shots with so little chance of going in. I think he actually shot the ball before he had even received the pass a couple of times.

Don't get me wrong, if he is shooting well, he is fabulous, but for the other 75% of the time, he is a disaster. If I was Rose, I would do this: Start him and have him take 4 shots in the first 2 minutes (which would be about his average for shots per minutes played). If he hits 2 or 3 of them, leave him in. If he misses all 4 or only hits 1, bench him for the rest of the game. Seriously.

He is the kinda guy that will win a couple of games for BYU (like Louisville) and he is the guy that will singlehandedly lose a handful for his team. If I were Plaisted or Cummard, I would walk up to him after his 6th or 7th straight miss, grab him by the shirt collar and tell him: 'Pass me the F$%^%* ball or I am going to f^%&$ smash your face in.' A couple of interesting stats for JT:

**Shoots the ball more than anyone on the team, and 2 more times than Plaisted.
**Shooting under 40% from the field (and probably under 30% from the field if you take out the Louisville)
**under an assist a game.

I will say though, he is entertaining to watch. It is like watching a real poor man's Vinnie the Microwave Johnson.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote