cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
FMCoug

FMCoug
Default Tulsa Game

So what started out as a group purchase for a few families from my ward turned into 77 tickets!

Who else from here will be at the game?
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:19 PM   #2
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
So what started out as a group purchase for a few families from my ward turned into 77 tickets!

I am still debating, my Uncle lives in Mcallister, adn is willing to pay for the whole trip if i come out, but i am leaving tomorrow for UCLA, then i would leave again on Tuesday for tulsa. Not sure if want to miss that much work.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I am still debating, my Uncle lives in Mcallister, adn is willing to pay for the whole trip if i come out, but i am leaving tomorrow for UCLA, then i would leave again on Tuesday for tulsa. Not sure if want to miss that much work.

What's he in for?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:29 PM   #4
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Looks like it is only a 7 hour drive for me. I'll ask my wife if I can go.

Are you selling tickets?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:29 PM   #5
nikuman

nikuman is on a distinguished road
Default Me an' the Missus will be there.

Driving up day-of, early in the morning. Any recommendations on route to take, or hotel to stay at?
nikuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:33 PM   #6
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikuman View Post
Driving up day-of, early in the morning. Any recommendations on route to take, or hotel to stay at?
Yes, where should we stay? Will the local ward takes us all in and feed us? If not, what's the use of having a church anyway?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:49 PM   #7
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Most of the people from my ward who are going are staying at the Hampton Inn. We will be staying in the FMCoug-mobile of course. I'm looking at his email and it sounds like they negoitated a group rate at the Hampton Inn. Pasting his info here .. not sure how it will come through though:

Quote:
Hotel Information:
"Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa-Woodland Hills 71st-Memorial, OK
7141 South 85th East Avenue, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA 74133
Tel: +1-918-294-3300 Fax: +1-918-294-1300 "
"Copy the following into your browser:
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/h...tyhocn=TULHSHX
and do the following:
1) Hotel Page Select the date (Sept. 15 and 16) and click GO (Make sure you are on the Woodland Hills Hampton site)
2) Dates and Preferences Fill in the Guests per room and confirm check in and check out dates. Click Continue
3) Rooms and Rates Fill in the Room Type Preferences especially ""Beds""
4) Go to ""Special Accounts"" and in the Group/Convention code input BYU and click Continue
5) If you selected King - you should have two options, the King Study or regular King (see description below)...please note that all rooms should come up at 89.00 which is the rate we negotiated for our group. Click Continue
6) Guest Information Fill in all necessary fields. In the comments section please fill out here if you would like your rooms to be next to each other if you are booking more than one room. Please note that none of the rooms have adjoining doors but you can book rooms next to each other. They recommend you call after making your reservation to emphasize this to the
front office. Also, request an early check-in of 1PM as the normal check-in is 4 PM but they will do what they can to get us in
early. You may also want to call that morning you are headed up there to confirm both proximity and early check-in of rooms.
7) Confirmation Complete your order and print your reservations page."
We have requested 10 rooms with two Queen beds in each (this is all they had left), 6 rooms that are the King with a study...see description below, and 2 regular King rooms. These will be held until midnight of Wednesday (Sept. 5) next week under our Group/Convention code... once they expire and you haven't booked with a Credit Card, you are on your own. This is a first come first serve deal so book quickly. Please note that the hotel is about 20 minutes from the stadium. It has a heated outdoor pool and breakfast is served in the morning. From what I remember at Hampton, this is more than just a muffin and cold cereal. The King Study rooms have two rooms in them, one with a King bed and the other has a small fridge, microwave, and couches with a hideaway bed which they said were just replaced last year. If you can't check in early but want to swim until you can get in, they would probably let you change in the lobby restrooms and use the pool until they are ready. There is a mall close to the hotel as well as "restaurant row". This is on the south side of Tulsa and we were told this is the nicer end of town to stay in. Our negotiated rates are an average savings of 20 dollars.
Here is the planned schedule sent out by the guy from my ward who has organized this. CG'ers are of course welcome to join us for any/all of it.

Quote:
Saturday 15th

8 AM Leave the Wal-Mart parking lot in Rockwall

12:30 PM Arrive in Tulsa, see if early check-in is available, swim, hang out, etc...

4:30 PM Head over to the Knight's tailgating party (will have RV and grills) It's pot luck and feel free to use their grill for your meat. We will also have a "camp fire" (artificial with gas cylinder) for roasting hot dogs or making smores. Bring your own chairs for this event as well.

6:00 PM Head to the alumni association tailgate party, pics with the kids and Cosmo, face painting, bookstore stuff for sale, etc....

7:00 PM Head over to the stadium and get ready to cheer! Don't be fooled by the early time here, even though that might go against all MST (Mormon Standard Time) principles, it's actually fun to get to the stadium a bit early and not in the middle of the 1st Quarter.

8:00 PM YELL! SCREAM! HISS! BITE! WEAR BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:00 PM Try and act like classy winners (hopefully)
I still need to figure out where to have the RV tailgate. Hopefully it will be in close proximity to the stadium and the BYU tailgate.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:05 PM   #8
nikuman

nikuman is on a distinguished road
Default Room reserved accordingly

That way, we can have maximum BYU noise carnage that evening.
nikuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #9
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
That way, we can have maximum BYU noise carnage that evening.
In terms of routes, we'll probably go up through OKC. I-35 to I-44. US 75 North from Dallas to Tulsa is a bit shorter but there are tons of small towns / speed traps along the way that slow you down.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:23 PM   #10
myboynoah

Quote:
Most of the people from my ward who are going are staying at the Hampton Inn. We will be staying in the FMCoug-mobile of course. I'm looking at his email and it sounds like they negoitated a group rate at the Hampton Inn. Pasting his info here .. not sure how it will come through though:

Here is the planned schedule sent out by the guy from my ward who has organized this. CG'ers are of course welcome to join us for any/all of it.

I still need to figure out where to have the RV tailgate. Hopefully it will be in close proximity to the stadium and the BYU tailgate.
OK, I made my hotel reservations; where is the best place to purchase tickets?