cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road
Default UVSC offers diploma upgrade

Attn UVSC grads: Embarrassed about that old diploma from "Trade Tech"? Has Mike's crusade against low-quality community college courses left you feeling a little sheepish? Never fear, your old diploma can be swapped out for an official "Utah Valley University" diploma for a mere $25.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...260099,00.html

Free shipping!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
malapert

malapert is on a distinguished road

That is a nice community service post. Well done, Leb.

BTW, you Utah Valley folks need not feel sheepish, Phoenix University has thousands and thousands of graduates at whom you can peer down your nose.

"He has all the virtues I dislike--and none of the vices I admire." -Winston Churchill

"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends." -Oscar Wilde

"In order to avoid being called a flirt, she always yielded easily." -Charles, Count Talleyrand
malapert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #3
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by malapert View Post
That is a nice community service post. Well done, Leb.

BTW, you Utah Valley folks need not feel sheepish, Phoenix University has thousands and thousands of graduates at whom you can peer down your nose.
Hell, with my Marist diploma, even I can look down my nose at Phoenix University grads.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:44 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to take this thread to CB. Y'zguy might be interested.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

It's the University of Phoenix, not Phoenix University - so there! Tell me what other university has their name on a stadium that hosted the Super Bowl? None? Well take that you Marist and UVCaCa grads. Neener neener!

I tried to get the University of Phoenix to change their slogan from "You Can Do It!" to "Pay Your Fee, Get Your Degree" while I was going to school there. Unfortunately, they weren't interested. Fortunately, I wasn't the one paying for the "education" so in my case a better slogan would have been "Play Freecell on Your Laptop During Two Years of Night Classes While Doing Nothing Remotely Academic, Get Your Degree". Of course, I did develop a skill while at the UoP - become one of the best damn freecell players around! I think that fact alone made getting my degree a personally rewarding and meaningful experience.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:23 AM   #6
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
It's the University of Phoenix, not Phoenix University - so there! Tell me what other university has their name on a stadium that hosted the Super Bowl? None? Well take that you Marist and UVCaCa grads. Neener neener!

I tried to get the University of Phoenix to change their slogan from "You Can Do It!" to "Pay Your Fee, Get Your Degree" while I was going to school there. Unfortunately, they weren't interested. Fortunately, I wasn't the one paying for the "education" so in my case a better slogan would have been "Play Freecell on Your Laptop During Two Years of Night Classes While Doing Nothing Remotely Academic, Get Your Degree". Of course, I did develop a skill while at the UoP - become one of the best damn freecell players around! I think that fact alone made getting my degree a personally rewarding and meaningful experience.
Well then, I take it back. I didn't become a FreeCell ace at Marist.

My honest opinion is that anything can get you in the door for a decent career is a good thing.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote