cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Finances
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 05:16 PM   #1
BEHIND ENEMY LINES

BEHIND ENEMY LINES is on a distinguished road
Default I am about to drop $10,000.00

I am about to spend about 10K with an investment education company named Spread Trade Systems. They teach how to structure spread trades and options. Has anyone heard of these guys? They are based out of Lehi (near thanksgiving point). I understand that they are similar to Investools but are a notch above. They say that you can structure a trade so that there is nearly no risk and that I should expect to earn a 50% return on money invested in the market using their principles. One thing that interests me is that they offer this: Money Back Guarantee (if you don't see improvement in your performance we will work with you individually until you do, or give you your money back!) I checked them out on the BBB and they look clean.

Any advice from you finance gurus would be appreciated.

http://www.spreadtradesystems.com/
BEHIND ENEMY LINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #2
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEHIND ENEMY LINES View Post
I am about to spend about 10K with an investment education company named Spread Trade Systems. They teach how to structure spread trades and options. Has anyone heard of these guys? They are based out of Lehi (near thanksgiving point). I understand that they are similar to Investools but are a notch above. They say that you can structure a trade so that there is nearly no risk and that I should expect to earn a 50% return on money invested in the market using their principles. One thing that interests me is that they offer this: Money Back Guarantee (if you don't see improvement in your performance we will work with you individually until you do, or give you your money back!) I checked them out on the BBB and they look clean.

50% returns with nearly no risk. You either have misunderstood them or ......... If that were true, why would they be telling anyone else.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:36 PM   #3
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Can we place this post in the Advertising forum, please?
Old 08-23-2007, 06:35 PM   #4
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I fully agree with BYU71..."nearly no risk"...which is nice talk for 'we will invest your money and there will be A LOT of risk.' If these guys are legit with that little risk and those kinds of returns, we all would have heard about them. Maybe they are just new, but you better know what you are getting into.

On a sidenote...you are either part of this company or you need to study this company a lot more if you are about to drop $10K on them.

There is an interesting discussion on them here: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showth...6&pagenumber=1

Last edited by UteStar; 08-23-2007 at 06:41 PM.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:43 PM   #5
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Tell you what... give me the 10k and I promise you will get 5% (minus my 1.5% fee) on your return
Old 08-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #6
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a great idea. Go for it!
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:44 PM   #7
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:

If someone figured out how to make 50% return on investment with nearly no risk, they would invest 10K and have over a billion dollars in 30 years. You think they would risk that fortune by teaching you how to do it? If someone figured out how to do so, they would hide under a blanket making their trades and hope to hell nobody discovered their method and start copying it, messing up their ability to execute.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:54 PM   #8
BEHIND ENEMY LINES

Default Thank you for the link

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
I fully agree with BYU71..."nearly no risk"...which is nice talk for 'we will invest your money and there will be A LOT of risk.' If these guys are legit with that little risk and those kinds of returns, we all would have heard about them. Maybe they are just new, but you better know what you are getting into.

On a sidenote...you are either part of this company or you need to study this company a lot more if you are about to drop $10K on them.

There is an interesting discussion on them here: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showth...6&pagenumber=1
it was interesting to read. I am going to slow things down and not make the decision as soon as I was planning.

One of the most interesting things that was in the link was that some of the posters paid only $6,000. I need to find out if I am being screwed.

The truth is I know very little about the stock market. I have a 401k and IRA and a bunch of life ins. But that is the extent of my exposure to the market. I have additional money to invest and I am looking for a good place to put it.

I am interested in these guys because I would like to learn more about the market and how to trade, and because they are local.

Do you have any other resources that you would recomend for learning to place trades?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:09 PM   #9
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Spend a little money on a financial planner and heed his/her advice. It'll serve you much better than these folks ever will. 50% returns risk free is comical, you're getting scammed.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:32 PM   #10
BEHIND ENEMY LINES

They never told me that it was risk free, they did say that their program teaches how to minimize risk.