cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #51
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Actually it makes a ton of sense, but just because he's one of your racquet ball buddies that you've hung out with before doesn't mean I have to like him. He's a buddy of yours off the board and so you'll defend him and that's fine.

The guy is the single worst troll and biggest dickhead in Cougarboard history. Of course he probably will take that as a compliment.

He's an ass and whether you think so or not is irrelevant to what I think about him and obviously vice versa.
I never debated the issue of whether or not Fus is/isn't a dickhead. I can state that you are making yourself out to be a dickhead in this post. Fus didn't do anything to engage you here, so why bother with him? Seriously, why?

The sad thing is, you know I am right and anything that you say is mindless justification. IMO, with this right here you lose any "moral highground" you may claim to take, because when something you don't like happens, instead of being "RockyBalboa, defender of all that is good and holy" you stoop to a level of name-calling that makes you no better than anybody else. But I think you know that to begin with.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:07 PM   #52
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
I never debated the issue of whether or not Fus is/isn't a dickhead. I can state that you are making yourself out to be a dickhead in this post. Fus didn't do anything to engage you here, so why bother with him? Seriously, why?

The sad thing is, you know I am right and anything that you say is mindless justification. IMO, with this right here you lose any "moral highground" you may claim to take, because when something you don't like happens, instead of being "RockyBalboa, defender of all that is good and holy" you stoop to a level of name-calling that makes you no better than anybody else. But I think you know that to begin with.
It's not mindless justification and if you'll pay attention I never claimed moral high ground. . In fact I don't have to justify anything when saying Fus for what he really is. I've never once thought..."Oh no...sizzle is gonna think I'm a dickhead if I call out Fus." I also never said you debated whether he is a dickhead or not,,,as that has obviously nothing to do with this.

I've also never claimed moral high ground. I can be a dick and I know some people don't like me, but I don't take that into account when voicing my thoughts. You're no different with the trolls you've engaged on Cougarboard in how I engage Fus and people of his disingenuous ilk. Of course I might use more coarse language and a more direct means, but in reality we're both doing the same thing.

I engage pieces of shit like him because very rarely will anyone else will really call it like it actually is with people like him. I've said it many times and I'll said it again...if people don't like it,,,then tough.

I have no problem with you coming to his defense, cause I understand he's a buddy of yours and that's fine with me. If you want to turn my beef with him, into a quasi beef with you, then that's obviously your problem and is still fine with me. Since you're getting all worked up in defending your buddy, I'll refrain from calling him names from here out.

Satisfied?

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 08-08-2007 at 08:14 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:23 PM   #53
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
How was it that I knew in advance that all the more chronolgically advanced fellas would have a huge problem with Bonds? It sounds like an outbreak of angry middle aged man disease to me.
Geezer smack? Oh the humanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
Appreciate the majesty of Barry's play even if you think it is tainted. SImply put Barry is the most prolific home run hitter, ever, and clearly with or without roids one of the best players EVER.
Barry probably did use steroids. And nobody from any era in baseball or any other sport is above suspicion, in my opinion. Okay, maybe Abner Doubleday and James Naismith but that is about it.
Yes, indeed. He is a terrific athlete. I would guess that without the juice he would have cleared 500 HR's easy. Probably 600. But we will never know, will we?

Speaking of juice, let's take this opportunity to give a shout-out to O.J. Simpson. Sure he may have brutally murdered the mother of his children (he was never convicted!), but man oh man could he run with the football. He certainly deserved that Heisman trophy. And like Barry, I am sure the folks in his posse just love him.

And Michael Jackson may be a child molester (settled out of court!) and a complete nut-job, but he is the undisputed King of Pop. The man was at the top of his game in his day.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:24 PM   #54
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

There is really no question that Barry used. Really, virtually no question. Connect the dots: Victor COnte distributes the clear and the creme, both of which are designer steroids. AMong the recipients are Greg ANderson, Bonds' good buddy and trainer. THis much is a matter of record at this point. Bonds' leaked GJ testimony says he used the clear and a creme, both topically and orally, and that he received these from ANderson, but he did not 'know' what they were, thinking the clear was linseed oil. The only missing link is Naderson syaing "I gave the drugs to Bonds" which is why ANderson is sitting in prison right now. The evidecne is quite compelling on the field (see steelblue's post above), on Barry (his head size, etc.) and in the grand jury room (he is taking and paying for drugs from anderson who gest drugs from Conte). Put this together and who can plausibly argue that he didn't take some sort of drug?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:25 PM   #55
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Put this together and who can plausibly argue that he didn't take some sort of drug?
Fusnik.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #56
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Speaking of juice, let's take this opportunity to give a shout-out to O.J. Simpson. Sure he may have brutally murdered the mother of his children (he was never convicted!), but man oh man could he run with the football. He certainly deserved that Heisman trophy. And like Barry, I am sure the folks in his posse just love him.

And Michael Jackson may be a child molester (settled out of court!) and a complete nut-job, but he is the undisputed King of Pop. The man was at the top of his game in his day.
Thanks for posting this. I've always felt OJ and MJ have been ill-treated by the public.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:38 PM   #57
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Thanks for posting this. I've always felt OJ and MJ have been ill-treated by the public.
You are welcome.

And in honor of my "angry middle aged man" response to Barry's dubious accomplishment, I have decided to change my avatar and signature.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:43 PM   #58
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Geezer smack? Oh the humanity.

Yes, indeed. He is a terrific athlete. I would guess that without the juice he would have cleared 500 HR's easy. Probably 600. But we will never know, will we?

Fact: O.J. Simpson did deserve the Heisman and is one of the greatest running backs of all time. And we know that at least Kato loves him. Who was Kato before O.J.?

Fact: Michael Jackson is the undisputed King of Pop.

Fact: Barry Bonds is the MLB All-Time HR Career leader.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:43 PM   #59
creekster

Quote:
Fusnik.
Not plausibly.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:45 PM   #60
creekster

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
Fact: O.J. Simpson did deserve the Heisman and is one of the greatest running backs of all time.

Fact: Michael Jackson is the undisputed King of Pop.

Fact: Barry Bonds is the MLB All-Time HR Career leader.
ACtually, I question if MJ deserves the title King of Pop which was self-awarded and, if it ever was, has not been true since the 80s. Can't argue the others, however.