cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 12:02 AM   #11
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
So, say BYU goes 7-5 this year. Just say it happens, those who have BYU at 8-4 or better. How does it change your opinion of Bronco as a coach? Will you feel the team underachieved slightly? Significantly underachieved? 7-5 likely means at least 3 conference losses, or losses to Arizona and UCLA.

More than 3 conference losses and I consider this season disappointing, especially since TCU and Utah the two toughest games are at home.
A lot would depend on how we arrived at that record. A lot of injuries to key positions and I can be pretty forgiving. If it happens with normal injuries, then yes I will be greatly dissapointed. However, I will still think Bronco to be a good to very good coach.

I will go back to beating old dead horses. I will worry again that the restrictive environment at BYU restricts any coach in his effort to bringing BYU back to glory. Bronco thinks he can. 7-5 would make me think he is just a little to optimistic.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:18 AM   #12
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
A lot would depend on how we arrived at that record. A lot of injuries to key positions and I can be pretty forgiving. If it happens with normal injuries, then yes I will be greatly dissapointed. However, I will still think Bronco to be a good to very good coach.

I will go back to beating old dead horses. I will worry again that the restrictive environment at BYU restricts any coach in his effort to bringing BYU back to glory. Bronco thinks he can. 7-5 would make me think he is just a little to optimistic.
I think, obviously, having the whole team decimated by injuries would get any coach a pass. At least it should. And I would hope that understanding is implied.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote