cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 08-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #1
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road
Default Is this fast?

I was talking with my neighbor's 10 yo daughter yesterday and asked how she did in the Utah Summer Games. She told me she won two gold medals (soccer and 10K) and a silver medal (arm-wrestling). Her 10K time: 42-something (she couldn't remember, which shows how seriously she took it). Now I didn't grow up running, so I don't know what makes a fast kid's time but that seems dang fast for a 10 yo girl. She beat the second-place girl in her age group by about 30 minutes.

Anyone know how fast this is?
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
I was talking with my neighbor's 10 yo daughter yesterday and asked how she did in the Utah Summer Games. She told me she won two gold medals (soccer and 10K) and a silver medal (arm-wrestling). Her 10K time: 42-something (she couldn't remember, which shows how seriously she took it). Now I didn't grow up running, so I don't know what makes a fast kid's time but that seems dang fast for a 10 yo girl. She beat the second-place girl in her age group by about 30 minutes.

Six seven minutes miles for a ten year old girl is pretty good.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
cougarrunnerxc

cougarrunnerxc is on a distinguished road

That's pretty fast for a 10 year old girl, but the course is also very fast. It is almost all downhill.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post

Did I read that right? She won by more than 30 minutes? That seems incredible, for a state summer games.

But yes, I believe 42 is blazing fast for a 10 year old girl. I would be lucky to break 45 minutes right now.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #5
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

https://secure.utahsummergames.org/r...=10K&year=2008

Looks like she was actually 48:35.5 which is still very fast for that age and still faster than I could do it. Next fastest was 1:10:37.9.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote