cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I don't buy his claim that Emma never waivered on her testimony. Or he and I define testimony differently.

Emma never taught her kids the gospel her husband restored. I can buy that she was burned out and all the apologetic justification, but we sure as hell give her a great deal more latitude in dealing with the difficulties of the time than we give the cream greedy Sister Marsh. There also is an effort to lionize her more than Mary Fielding Smith who endured a lot closer to the actual end.

If my thong recommended lady g bottoms is sported by Denise Richards playing Fanny Alger, I am so there for the Emma movie.
I never claimed that Navy owns Army's ass. Of course, I am stupid to not have claimed that.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #12
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I never claimed that Navy owns Army's ass. Of course, I am stupid to not have claimed that.
Similar to Urban Meyer going away, so has the Paul Johnson reign of terror ended. Good luck with the Wramblin Wreck at Georgia Tech and godspeed PJ...signed a bitter and beaten down Army fan!
Old 09-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #13
Coonass

Coonass is on a distinguished road
Default Emma What Ifs

Many people tend to look at Emma's history post-Nauvoo as a big negative but I have the tendancy to look at it as fortuitous. I can easily imagine what a mess it would have caused if Emma HAD gone west. Her son would have always been in a position of controversy and the current norms of prophet succession might not be so straightforward. I for one am glad she stayed. It made life much easier for the church....in my opinion. We have no inheritance baggage. And, for her sake, she got out of the meat grinder.
Coonass is offline   Reply With Quote