cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2008, 01:15 AM   #51
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Not to mention the last 2 Buckeye teams in the BCS Title game.
Nebraska v Miami in the Rose Bowl comes to mind....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:53 AM   #52
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I think the Orange Bowl Oklahoma Sooners would totally agree with you. That one was a nailbiter!
The Sooners won their last title in the Orange Bowl, smartass. And their title before that. Course I imagine since we play for the title every third year or so it can be hard for all the rest of y'all to keep up.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:55 AM   #53
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
The Sooners won their last title in the Orange Bowl, smartass. And their title before that. Course I imagine since we play for the title every third year or so it can be hard for all the rest of y'all to keep up.
i was agreeing with Ute4ever.

i remember watching SC play a real close one against the Sooners in the Orange Bowl a few years back. I can't remember the score, but i think it went down to the wire. Truthfully, the teams should have split the championship that year....that's how close the game was....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 09-11-2008, 01:59 AM   #54
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
i was agreeing with Ute4ever.

i remember watching SC play a real close one against the Sooners in the Orange Bowl a few years back. I can't remember the score, but i think it went down to the wire. Truthfully, the teams should have split the championship that year....that's how close the game was....
We're still waiting for our thank you for going easy on you. After all somebody had to let you guys have a BCS title. We certainly couldn't have the almighty Trojans left out of the club.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:27 AM   #55
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
We're still waiting for our thank you for going easy on you. After all somebody had to let you guys have a BCS title. We certainly couldn't have the almighty Trojans left out of the club.
A wise person recently shared the following:

Quote:
you're not comparing to an average or prototypical BCS team. You're comparing to the premier team of the decade. USC

Old 09-11-2008, 02:44 AM   #56
BarbaraGordon

Yep. You guys just keep telling yourselves that. Helps if you ignore a certain team from the bayou that has twice as many BCS titles as USC. Inconvenient little truth, don't you think?

Here. I'll make you a deal. We'll make sure to take care of the Longhorns for you, so you guys'll be in the clear for another title. 'kay?
Old 09-11-2008, 03:27 AM   #57
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

DDD, for a person who makes fun of BYU fans who live in 1984, I find it puzzling that you skip over recent USC performances against Texas, UCLA and others, and go back to the last time that that actually did roll a highly ranked team, after the 2004 season. Do the Trojans have any players on this year's roster who even participated in any of the so-called BCS Championship games? The Buckeyes do. Granted they didn't win, but I don't think they will be intimidated by stepping into the Coliseum. And yes a blowout could occur, but blowouts amongst top ten teams are the exception rather than the rule.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:18 AM   #58
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
DDD, for a person who makes fun of BYU fans who live in 1984, I find it puzzling that you skip over recent USC performances against Texas, UCLA and others, and go back to the last time that that actually did roll a highly ranked team, after the 2004 season. Do the Trojans have any players on this year's roster who even participated in any of the so-called BCS Championship games? The Buckeyes do. Granted they didn't win, but I don't think they will be intimidated by stepping into the Coliseum. And yes a blowout could occur, but blowouts amongst top ten teams are the exception rather than the rule.
You can't win 'em all, amigo.

But SC has won a lot of them.

To answer your question about having any players on the current roster.....yes.

Of all the teams mentioned that refute your theory, only one was SC. Rocky mentioned both OSU losses, I also referenced Miami killing Nebraska. Oklahoma beat FSU 13-2, not sure if that is a blowout. FSU beat Va Tech by almost 20 points, with some of VaTech's points coming in blowouts.

The BCS system has really only produced one amazing championship game....the SC loss to Texas, which was one of the best games I have ever seen in person in my life. Beyond that, most of the so-called title matchups have been either decent or been downright lousy.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:48 AM   #59
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road

Quote:

The BCS system has really only produced one amazing championship game....the SC loss to Texas, which was one of the best games I have ever seen in person in my life. Beyond that, most of the so-called title matchups have been either decent or been downright lousy.
While some argue Miami got hosed, the Miami OSU Fiesta Bowl was an instant classic. Of course, the good guys won. OSU always wins in Tempe. Too bad they build that crappy new stadium in Glendale.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:15 AM   #60
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
While some argue Miami got hosed, the Miami OSU Fiesta Bowl was an instant classic. Of course, the good guys won. OSU always wins in Tempe. Too bad they build that crappy new stadium in Glendale.
actually, very good point. that game was awesome.

And yes....that was a bogus PI call!