cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2008, 05:05 PM   #1
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I got this from PAC

this is wickedly funny.

"It's a vagina, madam, not a clown car."

http://listoftheday.blogspot.com/200...ls-photos.html
Old 01-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Classic. I too reposted that link elsewhere.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point

"Blocked by Websense".....must have been a good one.
The Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:11 PM   #4
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw a little bit of my life in each picture. It was a cathardic experience. The leisure suit image and narrative spoke to my heart.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:55 PM   #5
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Very funny stuff.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #6
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw the subject line of this thread and, for a moment, feared that the "this" that you got from me might refer to a rash or other loathsome disease. I was relieved you apparently tested negative.

Is it wrong for us to laugh at pictures of others (or the hilarious rips that appear under the photos)? During the occasional family cruise, we take perverse pleasure in looking at the photos that the ship's photographer puts up in the Photo Gallery, showing hundreds of obese, strangely posed, or simply unattractive vacationers on board the ship. It may be cruel, but I have no problem if others want to laugh at pictures of me, and I'm sure I provide ample fodder for unintended laughs.

While chuckling with my sister at one particularly homely couple's photo, I expressed feelings of guilt at my unkindness. My sister quoted Mr. Bennett in Pride and Prejudice: "For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?" Isn't this a principal reason for our visits to these boards?
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #7
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
I saw the subject line of this thread and, for a moment, feared that the "this" that you got from me might refer to a rash or other loathsome disease. I was relieved you apparently tested negative.

Is it wrong for us to laugh at pictures of others (or the hilarious rips that appear under the photos)? During the occasional family cruise, we take perverse pleasure in looking at the photos that the ship's photographer puts up in the Photo Gallery, showing hundreds of obese, strangely posed, or simply unattractive vacationers on board the ship. It may be cruel, but I have no problem if others want to laugh at pictures of me, and I'm sure I provide ample fodder for unintended laughs.

While chuckling with my sister at one particularly homely couple's photo, I expressed feelings of guilt at my unkindness. My sister quoted Mr. Bennett in Pride and Prejudice: "For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?" Isn't this a principal reason for our visits to these boards?

Are you being truthful in sayoing that in the middle of a cruise while ridiculing the photo of some knucklehead's ugly mug your sister was able to pull out a quotation from Jane AUsten to justify it? Impressive. If this were my family the knucklehead would be one of us and we would be most likely to quote Dino from the Flinstones. Of course, I don't have a sister.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:23 PM   #8
PaloAltoCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Are you being truthful in saying that in the middle of a cruise while ridiculing the photo of some knucklehead's ugly mug your sister was able to pull out a quotation from Jane Austen to justify it?
Yes. As Parrothead can testify, my family has a weird ability to combine a smattering of mile-wide and inch-deep erudition (putting those University Studies majors to work) with an abundance of coarseness. Should you elect to join us, be sure to stay upwind.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:31 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Who the hell goes on a cruise with their 60 year old sister?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #10
PaloAltoCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Who the hell goes on a cruise with their 60 year old sister?
I was tempted to go with a "my sister is totally hot," but I'm incapable of the curious CB tendency to speak of hotness in one's relations. In any case, my sis will thank you to note she's a youthful 54. And if it had only been she and I on the cruise, I would submit to your justifiable ridicule. But the cruise in question was, in effect, sponsored by my then recently deceased dad whose modest legacy paid for an entourage consisting of 64 kids, grandkids and great grandkids, along with the in-laws. I admit that our group's photos would have rivaled those of a Utefans tailgate party for unintended hilarity.