cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #11
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I get it now.

Dude commits to byu. changes his mind due to football program reasons.

This is not possible because *no* commonly recruited player will decline byu because of football program reasons. The only reasons are quality of brain and the ability to be moral.

So, using the hint you posted above, the notion that Anderson can help him get to the NFL, is false (by definition).
So, his stated reason (a football advantage) cannot possible be true, meaning it's either inferior brain matter or inferior morals (inability to discover/tell the truth).

My guess is that it's inferior brain matter because he cannot fathom the inherent truth of your edict.

Ahh. The bubble is secure. All is happy.

Boy, we could probably win some cool Nobel Prizes using such a rubric. Think of the things we could easily deduce!
Can I at least be 3rd of 4th author on such publications?
Old 08-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #12
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I get it now.

Dude commits to byu. changes his mind due to football program reasons.

This is not possible because *no* commonly recruited player will decline byu because of football program reasons. The only reasons are quality of brain and the ability to be moral.

So, using the hint you posted above, the notion that Anderson can help him get to the NFL, is false (by definition).
So, his stated reason (a football advantage) cannot possible be true, meaning it's either inferior brain matter or inferior morals (inability to discover/tell the truth).

My guess is that it's inferior brain matter because he cannot fathom the inherent truth of your edict.

Ahh. The bubble is secure. All is happy.

Boy, we could probably win some cool Nobel Prizes using such a rubric. Think of the things we could easily deduce!
Can I at least be 3rd of 4th author on such publications?
Siliga has given at least 4 or 5 different reasons why he committed to BYU or Utah. The newest one he's test marketing is the "Utah produces more DL" line. The story changes every time. What are we to believe here?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:06 PM   #13
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
The only thing about this that bothers me is that Siliga seems to have a hard time communicating a truthful, let alone a consistent response to why he changed his mind.
You must *really* know him well to make such assertions.

Quote:
There is no shame in choosing Utah over BYU.
Indy, you dissapoint.
According to your own edict, brain power and morals are the only reason.
You are telling me there is no shame in murder, plunder, lying, stealing, deception, immorality, hucking big rocks at old ladies? No shame in sheer stupidity, in claiming that pi == 288923980.0238190273433995 ?

<aghast>
Old 08-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #14
Indy Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
You must *really* know him well to make such assertions.

Indy, you dissapoint.
According to your own edict, brain power and morals are the only reason.
You are telling me there is no shame in murder, plunder, lying, stealing, deception, immorality, hucking big rocks at old ladies? No shame in sheer stupidity, in claiming that pi == 288923980.0238190273433995 ?

<aghast>
I don't have to know him well or at all. He's gone on the record several times about why he's leaving, and the story changes every time.

OK, either one or two things are going on here.

1. You're in full-blown troll mode
2. You're too stupid to understand what I've said in the past

I've attempted many times in a couple of threads to give you straightforward responses and you've done nothing more than spit out half-baked sarcasm and mischaracterizations. To me, that's a screaming sign you don't have any real counterargument make, or you would have actually made it by now.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:48 PM   #15
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I don't have to know him well or at all. He's gone on the record several times about why he's leaving, and the story changes every time.

OK, either one or two things are going on here.

1. You're in full-blown troll mode
2. You're too stupid to understand what I've said in the past

I've attempted many times in a couple of threads to give you straightforward responses and you've done nothing more than spit out half-baked sarcasm and mischaracterizations. To me, that's a screaming sign you don't have any real counterargument make, or you would have actually made it by now.
I note you have backed away from an initial statement where you indicated something like "all players who pick Utah over BYU have either academic issues or issues with the honor code." I congratulate you on backing off of that statement and realize a lot of times you like to represent the fringe thinking of CB or TBS since that fringe isn't well represented here.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #16
Indy Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
I note you have backed away from an initial statement where you indicated something like "all players who pick Utah over BYU have either academic issues or issues with the honor code." I congratulate you on backing off of that statement and realize a lot of times you like to represent the fringe thinking of CB or TBS since that fringe isn't well represented here.
That was an accurate summary of the recruits over the last two years, which I stated from the get-go. I did not state nor imply that's the way it has always been nor that it was how it will continue to be.

We still don't know what category Siliga falls under.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #17
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Siliga has had several interviews where his story keeps changing. At one point, God's telling him to go to BYU. Next, he's reneging on his verbal because he felt pushed to go to BYU. Next, it's because he's not sure about if he can or wants to deal with BYU's higher academic standards. Next, it's because of the fallacy that Andersen/Utah has had more success placing DL in the NFL than BYU.

Bottom line, you can't trust Siliga.
Hell hath no fury like a zoob scorned.

You should at least have the guts to admit that the reason you're saying all this about Siliaga is because he chose Utah over BYU.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:00 PM   #18
Indy Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Hell hath no fury like a zoob scorned.

You should at least have the guts to admit that the reason you're saying all this about Siliaga is because he chose Utah over BYU.
Give me a break. I'm not the one that's been raking him over the coals the last two weeks.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:01 PM   #19
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Give me a break. I'm not the one that's been raking him over the coals the last two weeks.
No, you don't deserve a break here. Just read your posts in this thread and tell me I'm wrong.

He's going to Utah. Get over it.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #20
Indy Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
No, you don't deserve a break here. Just read your posts in this thread and tell me I'm wrong.

He's going to Utah. Get over it.
I am over it. Brian is the one that started this thread.