cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 06:59 PM   #31
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

i actually agree with Indy on this one. (sort of) i really dont care why he didnt go to BYU or that he is not coming at all, congrats to utah hopefully he is a nice addition.

With that being said he has stated in every article i have read a different reason. I know he is a young kid but man up and admit why you decided to change your mind or just say "I have changed my mind" and leave it at that. Dont give a different reason every time depending on what you think the reporter wants to hear.

by the way BYU players vs Utah players in the NFL as of today:

Utah:http://www.sportsline.com/collegefoo...er/school/4853

Defensive lineman- 8

BYU: http://www.sportsline.com/collegefoo...er/school/4019

Defensive Lineman: 5

Old 08-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #32
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

The CBS Sportsline alumni tracker is notoriously inaccurate. I haven't checked it recently for accuracy, but in the past, people like Levi Madarieta were listed long, long after getting their 5 minutes and a kick in the butt.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:13 PM   #33
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
The CBS Sportsline alumni tracker is notoriously inaccurate. I haven't checked it recently for accuracy, but in the past, people like Levi Madarieta were listed long, long after getting their 5 minutes and a kick in the butt.
Here is the list, it is very accurate: as a matter of fact i cant find any mistakes.

Utah
Mike Anderson (38)Baltimore RavensRBAndre Dyson (21)New York JetsCBJonathan Fanene (68)Cincinnati BengalsDESteve Fifita (60)Miami DolphinsDTQuinton Ganther (35)Tennessee TitansRBJordan Gross (69)Carolina PanthersTChris Kemoeatu (68)Pittsburgh SteelersGMaake Kemoeatu (99)Carolina PanthersDTJohn Madsen (85)Oakland RaidersTESione Pouha (91)New York JetsDTBrett Ratliff (5)New York JetsQBCliff Russell (19)Detroit LionsWRLauvale SapeOakland RaidersDTJosh Savage (95)Tennessee TitansDEBarry Sims (65)Oakland RaidersGAlex Smith (11)San Francisco 49ersQBSteve Smith (89)Carolina PanthersWRPaul Soliai (96)Miami DolphinsDTKelly Talavou (69)Atlanta FalconsDLSpencer Toone (56)Tennessee TitansLBTavo Tupola-Toatai (68)Houston TexansGParis Warren (82)Tampa Bay BuccaneersWREric Weddle (32)

BYU:

Ben Archibald (60)New Orleans SaintsTJohn Beck (9)Miami DolphinsQBColby Bockwoldt (57)San Francisco 49ersLBDaniel Coats (86)Cincinnati BengalsTEZac Collie (88)Philadelphia EaglesWRJohn Denney (97)Miami DolphinsDERyan Denney (92)Buffalo BillsDEAaron Francisco (47)Arizona CardinalsDBJonny Harline (49)Indianapolis ColtsTEChris Hoke (76)Pittsburgh SteelersNTScott Jackson (62)Houston TexansTCameron Jensen (44)Seattle SeahawksLBBrett Keisel (99)Pittsburgh SteelersDEJake Kuresa (61)New Orleans SaintsGRob Morris (94)Indianapolis ColtsLBShaun Nua (96)Pittsburgh SteelersDEBrady Poppinga (51)Green Bay PackersOLBNaufahu Tahi (38)Minnesota VikingsFBJohn Tait (76)Chicago BearsTTodd Watkins (14)Arizona CardinalsWRScott Young (71)Philadelphia EaglesG
Old 08-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #34
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Here is the list, it is very accurate: as a matter of fact i cant find any mistakes.

Utah
Mike Anderson (38)Baltimore RavensRBAndre Dyson (21)New York JetsCBJonathan Fanene (68)Cincinnati BengalsDESteve Fifita (60)Miami DolphinsDTQuinton Ganther (35)Tennessee TitansRBJordan Gross (69)Carolina PanthersTChris Kemoeatu (68)Pittsburgh SteelersGMaake Kemoeatu (99)Carolina PanthersDTJohn Madsen (85)Oakland RaidersTESione Pouha (91)New York JetsDTBrett Ratliff (5)New York JetsQBCliff Russell (19)Detroit LionsWRLauvale SapeOakland RaidersDTJosh Savage (95)Tennessee TitansDEBarry Sims (65)Oakland RaidersGAlex Smith (11)San Francisco 49ersQBSteve Smith (89)Carolina PanthersWRPaul Soliai (96)Miami DolphinsDTKelly Talavou (69)Atlanta FalconsDLSpencer Toone (56)Tennessee TitansLBTavo Tupola-Toatai (68)Houston TexansGParis Warren (82)Tampa Bay BuccaneersWREric Weddle (32)

BYU:

Ben Archibald (60)New Orleans SaintsTJohn Beck (9)Miami DolphinsQBColby Bockwoldt (57)San Francisco 49ersLBDaniel Coats (86)Cincinnati BengalsTEZac Collie (88)Philadelphia EaglesWRJohn Denney (97)Miami DolphinsDERyan Denney (92)Buffalo BillsDEAaron Francisco (47)Arizona CardinalsDBJonny Harline (49)Indianapolis ColtsTEChris Hoke (76)Pittsburgh SteelersNTScott Jackson (62)Houston TexansTCameron Jensen (44)Seattle SeahawksLBBrett Keisel (99)Pittsburgh SteelersDEJake Kuresa (61)New Orleans SaintsGRob Morris (94)Indianapolis ColtsLBShaun Nua (96)Pittsburgh SteelersDEBrady Poppinga (51)Green Bay PackersOLBNaufahu Tahi (38)Minnesota VikingsFBJohn Tait (76)Chicago BearsTTodd Watkins (14)Arizona CardinalsWRScott Young (71)Philadelphia EaglesG
Unfortunately Tavo Tupola was just released a couple days ago. Regardless of the hatred in the rivalry, I do like to see guys from both teams make it to the NFL.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:16 PM   #35
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
All fans do it. However I think most fans stick to football reasons and don't play the "he ain't smart enough or his character isn't good enough".
I think schools like Stanford and Notre Dame play the "he's not smart enough" card all the time. I dunno about the moral card. We might be the only fans that do that, unless Baylor fans keep telling themselves that kids are not moral enough to go there.

Last edited by Flystripper; 08-01-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:24 PM   #36
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
I think schools like Stanford and Notre Dame play the "he's not smart enough" card all the time. I dunno about the moral card. We might be the only fans that do that, unless Baylor fans keep telling themselves that kids are not moral enough to go there.
Not exactly as some of our fans use it, but many a fan, when noticing a rival has somebody who has a suspicious criminal history being recruited or signed will try to take a moral high road, "we won't recruit that sort of player." Our snobbery is simply more pointed and refined.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:26 PM   #37
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Siliga has given at least 4 or 5 different reasons why he committed to BYU or Utah. The newest one he's test marketing is the "Utah produces more DL" line. The story changes every time. What are we to believe here?
Maybe we believe all of his statements. Why does someone have to have one reason for making a decision? I know I usually have many reasons for doing the things I do. Why does one have to articulate all the reasons they might have for making a decision when they are asked? He was asked a question many times and provided many answers. His multiple answers don't necessarily mean that any of his answers were a lie.

Last edited by Flystripper; 08-01-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:28 PM   #38
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Maybe we believe all of his statements. Why does someone have to have one reason for making a decision? I know I usually has many reasons for doing the things I like to do. Why does one have to articulate all the reasons they might have for making a decision when they are asked? He was asked a question many times and provided many answers. His multiple answers don't necessarily mean that any of his answers were a lie.
Amen to that. I will take it a step further: who the hell cares? He's just a young man deciding where to go to college. I like sports, but this kind of stuff amazes me sometimes.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:46 PM   #39
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I agree with you when it comes to the "smart enough" card, and I think it's true of most private schools actually.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:11 AM   #40
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Amen to that. I will take it a step further: who the hell cares? He's just a young man deciding where to go to college. I like sports, but this kind of stuff amazes me sometimes.
The recruiting stuff in the offseason drives me crazy. Who cares? Especially at BYU where it's 5 years before you ever seem them on the field.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote