cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are the look-a-like posts on CB racist?
Yes 8 26.67%
No 22 73.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2007, 03:08 PM   #81
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
Is it a good thing to pick up everything and move into the rocky mountains?

After you've been taught for 300 years you were inferior, why shouldn't blacks learn to look to their race as a source of power? Every other minority in the country does this. When people like Malcolm X and the Nation of Islam do this, they're vilified by the media.

By the way, everyone recognizes the progress we've made. I'm not sure Williams and Steele do, however. I've heard Williams speak, and he said he implied that the welfare state is worse than slavery. What progress is that?
Maybe the welfare state is worse than poverty because it's largely a self-imposed form of slavery rather than an involuntary one.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:16 PM   #82
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Is it a good thing to pick up everything and move into the rocky mountains?
I don't think there's much in the way of comparison between the 19th century exodus of the Saints and the exclusive nature of the 21st century "black community."

Quote:
After you've been taught for 300 years you were inferior, why shouldn't blacks learn to look to their race as a source of power? Every other minority in the country does this. When people like Malcolm X and the Nation of Islam do this, they're vilified by the media.
Because it is divisive. Doing so only emphasizes the mistakes of the past, ignores the progress since made, and all-in-all prevents wounds that ought to heal from healing.

Quote:
By the way, everyone recognizes the progress we've made. I'm not sure Williams and Steele do, however. I've heard Williams speak, and he said he implied that the welfare state is worse than slavery. What progress is that?
When power centers around race, whether white or black, it nullifies or may even reverse said progress.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote