cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 09:05 PM   #41
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
I think if he didn't make this sort of comment from time to time, no one would think it was an issue.

Sorry Lingo, just being all call it like I see it Rocky on you here.
Yeah, no one would think it's an issue, but it would be.

But thanks anyway.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:09 PM   #42
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Yeah, no one would think it's an issue, but it would be.

But thanks anyway.

Yes, well, I am sure we will all be sorry when you run away from home.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:23 PM   #43
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to confess I didn't read your introduction, because, let's face it, it's just too damn long. However, I think I spotted the word "nudity" somewhere in that tome. I can't speak for the rest of the board, but if you'd be willing to rewrite your introduction and just concentrate on the "nudity in Europe" part, I promise I'll read every word.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:12 PM   #44
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRoss View Post
I know this was made quite a while ago, but it still seems to have the Hen House (AKA Cougarboard) in an uproar. Oh well, I like the GUI here better, and it is nice to be able to add YouTube files to your posts.

Not sure of the board culture over here, but it I get the feeling that I won't be banned for saying that my wife looks hot in her garments like I was a while ago by El Jefe in the hen house.

Now I was asked who recommended me to this board when I was registering, and I cannot for the life of me remember who I was chatting with or posting too. I honestly think it was someone on Utefans. In any case, if the individual who recommended this board to me remembers our conversation, please let me know. I am not sure what that will mean to the administrators, but they are obviously interested in keeping some kind of score.

Finally, knowing the internet personas of several here on this site, I can get this out right from the start:

I love BYU. I am admittedly a homer in regards to the national picture of collegiate sports and BYU's place in it.

I am not a homer in regards to BYU's program and how strong or weak it is in comparison to its conference foes.

Yes I am conservative

Yes I support Mitt Romney and think he is the bomb

No I don't think mankind is responsible for global warming

Yes I think the Sun has something to do with it

No I don't like Al Gore and believe him to be less than honorable.

Yes I believe we all have an obligation to replenish the earth which is why I would rather hunt for my own meat vs. buying it at Walmart and grow my own fruits and vegetables. Am I there yet? Not yet, but summer 2008 is when we start.

Yes I love Europe having lived there for 15 years of my life and being married to a Swede

Yes my years in Europe have impacted my world view and has caused me to suffer from some serious reverse cultural shock upon moving back to the US, especially in areas of Food, Education, Politics, The meaning of Nudity, Pop Culture, Music, LDS Gospel vs. LDS Culture, Banking and Finance, and of course Cell Phone Technology.

I love to debate, but I don't like to argue, so expect me not to rise to the bait, but enjoy discourse. If someone wants to rag on my views, have at it. I don't mind it at all.

Finally I hope it can enjoy reading some of the dialogue here regarding everything from BYU sports to the price of Tea in China, without having to deal with violent emotional swings of fretting by those on CB who feel the sky is falling one minute and the world is their oyster the next.

In any case it will be interesting to see what it is like in this community.

Mose Schrute?
Welcome!
Old 10-23-2007, 11:32 PM   #45
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
I have to confess I didn't read your introduction, because, let's face it, it's just too damn long. However, I think I spotted the word "nudity" somewhere in that tome. I can't speak for the rest of the board, but if you'd be willing to rewrite your introduction and just concentrate on the "nudity in Europe" part, I promise I'll read every word.
I like DJ's posts but if you don't have an attention span for more than 2 paragraphs then you won't be reading much of DJ's work.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:27 AM   #46
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRoss View Post
For me it was about conferencing while on the move. Since I didn't drive that much, I could with my laptop and cell phone get about an hours worth of work done a day before arriving to a meeting. I would have to travel up to Stockholm on occasion and it would take about 3.5 hours by supertrain and during that time I would be conferencing, sending powerpoints, pdfs and other files back and forth via my phone. Hook my phone up to my laptop and make any corrections necessary. If someone were in their office at the time they would just send it over to my laptop through the network.

It was also nice to have the phone connected to the car, and if we were in Denmark lets say and wanted to eat sushi, we could tie into the 3G GPS system and it would automatically locate the nearest sushi bars give us options based on their ratings and provide directions once we selected which place we wanted to go.
Sounds great, but isn't European communication technology in many ways dependent upon a degree of government regulation that would be impractical in the more capitalist US of A? I've always been under the impression that there were very few carriers in European countries (not to mention much less territory to cover), so that compatibility and proprietary concerns have never been as big of an issue as they are in the US. So, instead of having three or more big companies erecting competing infrastructures, there's only one - and thus everything works more efficiently. Correct me if I'm wrong or inaccurate - I am in no way an expert.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:41 AM   #47
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the board, and no, the sun is not the cause of global warming.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:53 AM   #48
OrangeUte

OrangeUte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Mose Schrute?
Welcome!
that's who that picture reminds me of! damn - that was driving me NUTS!
OrangeUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:57 AM   #49
OrangeUte

OrangeUte is on a distinguished road

http://theoffice.wikia.com/wiki/Mose_Schrute
OrangeUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:51 AM   #50
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome aboard. I am always glad to have someone around who has spent time in my ancestral homeland of Finland. Someday I will go to Suomi like you have.

One question: since when did Euro affected sensibilities equal conservatism?
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote