cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #31
HuskyFreeNorthwest

HuskyFreeNorthwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I didn't think you made the term up. Like I said, all duck fans are uncannily the same. It's a mass inferiority complex.
True if only all schools could be like Utah and show class towards their rival fan base. That is what the term zoob means right? Pure class.
HuskyFreeNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:35 PM   #32
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
I don't think that all the stories on TBS from fans bitter that Oregon got some recruits that BYU wanted constitute evidence. They may be equal to the SEC, but it isn't even possible to be worse.
It's cute for you to assume that you know where and how I find out all the info.

Of course if I really wanted to piss you off I could go on about how easily the U basketball program got off with the slap on the wrist they received during Big Rick's tenure, but I don't want to worry you with factual reality in regards to their SEC style of violations with their Bball program or a couple of the academically ineligible players that were still on the field for Utah during their Fiesta Bowl run, as you probably couldn't handle the truth anyway. You never have been able to as you fixate on BYU fans opinions and your endless posts on them.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:40 PM   #33
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
It's cute for you to assume that you know where and how I find out all the info.

Of course if I really wanted to piss you off I could go on about how easily the U basketball program got off with the slap on the wrist they received during Big Rick's tenure, but I don't want to worry you with factual reality in regards to their SEC style of violations with their Bball program or a couple of the academically ineligible players that were still on the field for Utah during their Fiesta Bowl run, as you probably couldn't handle the truth anyway. You never have been able to as you fixate on BYU fans opinions and your endless posts on them.

Yes horrible Rick Majerus and those milk and cookies. People don't realize that the reason the SEC gets all the best recruits is promised milk and cookies during film sessions. Plus I hear that Urban Meyer got Tim Tebow by promising that if his Dad ever died while he was attending Florida that he would take him out for hamburger. Utah really should have got the death penalty for these terrible acts of Rick Majerus. Utah got significantly worse than it deserved for what Rick Majerus did.

By the way, I'm well aware that Steve Savoy shouldn't have been academically eligible for the Fiesta Bowl. I am well aware there was no way in Hell he was coming back to Utah, because there was no chance the Utes could get him qualified.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:53 PM   #34
HuskyFreeNorthwest

HuskyFreeNorthwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Plus I hear that Urban Meyer got Tim Tebow by promising that if his Dad ever died while he was attending Florida that he would take him out for hamburger.
Bacon Cheeseburger, get your facts straight.
HuskyFreeNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #35
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Yes horrible Rick Majerus and those milk and cookies. People don't realize that the reason the SEC gets all the best recruits is promised milk and cookies during film sessions. Plus I hear that Urban Meyer got Tim Tebow by promising that if his Dad ever died while he was attending Florida that he would take him out for hamburger. Utah really should have got the death penalty for these terrible acts of Rick Majerus. Utah got significantly worse than it deserved for what Rick Majerus did.

By the way, I'm well aware that Steve Savoy shouldn't have been academically eligible for the Fiesta Bowl. I am well aware there was no way in Hell he was coming back to Utah, because there was no chance the Utes could get him qualified.
What Rick did goes way beyond Milk and Cookies, but that's okay, I applaud him for being good enough at getting away with it and for being a great coach. You'll only read in this paragraph..."BYU fans are jealous, blah, blah, Milk and Cookies, blah, blah".

Steve Savoy is just the tip of the iceberg. There were a couple of other academically ineligible players playing as well...and it wasn't just for the Fiesta Bowl. There were 3 significant contributors that played almost the entire season academically ineligible. But hey..hats off to Meyer, he's a great coach and knew how to win and I don't take away from his accomplishments on the field.

In any event, you're much cuter when you stick to being the Funk that everybody knows and loves and pretends to act like he's a P.C. Champion for social issues, sports and other items and pretending like you actually care(i.e. the Notre Dame/Black Coach thing for starters) or when you fixate on what BYU fans think about every single thing. Life would be easier for you if you quit being fake about caring about things you really don't.

When you and I have debated about anything, yes literally anything, you've been wrong every single time. Never have I ever had an easier time consistently kicking someone's ass in this regard than yours. Thanks for entertaining me and being my bitch at the same time.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 11-16-2007 at 06:38 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #36
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

mpfunk is a zoot. He'll defend anything Utah to his deathbed.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #37
mpfunk

Quote:
What Rick did goes way beyond Milk and Cookies, but that's okay, I applaud him for being good enough at getting away with it and for being a great coach. You'll only read in this paragraph..."BYU fans are jealous, blah, blah, Milk and Cookies, blah, blah".

Steve Savoy is just the tip of the iceberg. There were a couple of other academically ineligible players playing as well...and it wasn't just for the Fiesta Bowl. There were 3 significant contributors that played almost the entire season academically ineligible. But hey..hats off to Meyer, he's a great coach and knew how to win and I don't take away from his accomplishments on the field.

In any event, you're much cuter when you stick to being the Funk that everybody knows and loves and pretends to act like he's a P.C. Champion for social issues, sports and other items and pretending like you actually care(i.e. the Notre Dame/Black Coach thing for starters) or when you fixate on what BYU fans think about every single thing. Life would be easier for you if you quit being fake about caring about things you really don't.

When you and I have debated about anything, yes literally anything, you've been wrong every single time. Never have I ever had an easier time consistently kicking someone's ass in this regard than yours. Thanks for entertaining me and being my bitch at the same time.
Yep as usual you can't just disagree you have to make if personal. Good job in being consistent. Now in a couple weeks you just need to post how you are need to change.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:09 PM   #38
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

who do yall think is going to be the new A&M coach?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:11 PM   #39
mpfunk

Quote:

By the way you have amazing knowledge of the Utah Athletics program for someone who has no connection to it. Apparently you know more about what happened with the Utes basketball program than the NCAA. Everything that is in the NCAA report was minor. Half the rules Majerus broke are things that shouldn't even be rules. Utah deserved a slap on the wrist, and got a lot more than that. Utah had fewer campus visits and fewer scholarships. It did hurt the basketball program. Some of the Utes depth issues right now are because of the bullshit penalties.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:13 PM   #40
A-Train

A-Train is on a distinguished road
Default Isn't Belotti LDS?

I heard that either he was or his wife was or something like that. I think he might have been baptized by Lionel Ritchie too. As for the next A&M coach, I could see them poaching from within the big 12 like maybe going after Jabba the Hut at Kansas or Pinkel from Mizzou.
A-Train is offline   Reply With Quote