cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 07:16 PM   #41
jxncoog

jxncoog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
who do yall think is going to be the new A&M coach?
I think TAMU feels like they need to make a big splash with their next coach. It wouldn't suprise me if they went after an NFL coach. Folks down their have hated franchione since his hiring. They were just looking for a good excuse (besides his record) to run him out of town.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:17 PM   #42
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
By the way you have amazing knowledge of the Utah Athletics program for someone who has no connection to it. Apparently you know more about what happened with the Utes basketball program than the NCAA. Everything that is in the NCAA report was minor. Half the rules Majerus broke are things that shouldn't even be rules. Utah deserved a slap on the wrist, and got a lot more than that. Utah had fewer campus visits and fewer scholarships. It did hurt the basketball program. Some of the Utes depth issues right now are because of the bullshit penalties.
I think it would really piss you off even more if you realized who I know currently in the athletic program up there, who used to be in the athletic program up there and others who have or have had connections to it.

Once I deem you worthy of further enlightenment and knowledge I'll let you know.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:20 PM   #43
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I think it would really piss you off even more if you realized who I know currently in the athletic program up there, who used to be in the athletic program up there and others who have or have had connections to it.

Once I deem you worthy of further enlightenment and knowledge I'll let you know.
Actually I could care less who you know.

You can go on pretending you are an insider if you like, and making claims that Rick Majerus was roaming the streets of SLC killing babies, plotting the demise of the LDS church, and torturing puppies. It is amazing that despite all this he had the time to pay recruits and break every NCAA rule in the book in the attempt to destroy the lives of those who would commit to play for him.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:21 PM   #44
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxncoog View Post
I think TAMU feels like they need to make a big splash with their next coach. It wouldn't suprise me if they went after an NFL coach. Folks down their have hated franchione since his hiring. They were just looking for a good excuse (besides his record) to run him out of town.
A lot on their board say that would be a mistake. I think you get a proven college commodity.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:22 PM   #45
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

You can go on pretending you are an insider if you like, and making claims that Rick Majerus was roaming the streets of SLC killing babies, plotting the demise of the LDS church, and torturing puppies. It is amazing that despite all this he had the time to pay recruits and break every NCAA rule in the book in the attempt to destroy the lives of those who would commit to play for him.
One of the funniest stories ever is Majerus' midnight escape to Santa Barbara, never to return to coach at the U again.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:23 PM   #46
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:

Of course you care who I know. You care about what every BYU fan thinks and knows. You've made that demonstrably clear in your trolling over the years.

By the way,,,you forgot to add blowing up McDonald's and stealing from hobos to the list.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:26 PM   #47
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
One of the funniest stories ever is Majerus' midnight escape to Santa Barbara, never to return to coach at the U again.
You know what will also be a great story, seeing him turn the Billikens into a really good basketball program.

It is unfortunate that the University of Utah ran Majerus out of town. Definitely a mistake by Chris Hill, but with Boylen he is starting to fix that mistake.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:27 PM   #48
jxncoog

jxncoog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
A lot on their board say that would be a mistake. I think you get a proven college commodity.
the problem with TAMU is that they have failed to meet expectations for too long. I thought Franchione would re-ignite the culture (things like re introducing the 12th man) but they just consistently fail to meet expectations. They have the best game day atmosphere in college, they recruit well but can't beat TexTech. I would love to see them back on top, beating the snot out of Texas & OU consistently...I'd be a happy man. Gig'em.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:29 PM   #49
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxncoog View Post
the problem with TAMU is that they have failed to meet expectations for too long. I thought Franchione would re-ignite the culture (things like re introducing the 12th man) but they just consistently fail to meet expectations. They have the best game day atmosphere in college, they recruit well but can't beat TexTech. I would love to see them back on top, beating the snot out of Texas & OU consistently...I'd be a happy man. Gig'em.
Both Sherrill and RC understood A&M, but even those two didn't maximize in my opinion.

I would like to see Spurrier at A&M. That would be entertaining.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #50
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You know what will also be a great story, seeing him turn the Billikens into a really good basketball program.

It is unfortunate that the University of Utah ran Majerus out of town. Definitely a mistake by Chris Hill, but with Boylen he is starting to fix that mistake.
The cumulative weight of Majerus' misdeeds and the SL Tribune is what ran him out of town. Chris Hill simply decided to stop running interference for him anymore.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote