cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2008, 05:55 AM   #21
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Thoughts:

2) The PAT was blocked because the trajectory was lower. The kid was kicking from 40 yards beyond the goal posts. Be honest with yourselves.
Bullshit. That would have been blocked at any distance. I don't believe in blaming officials, but since we are on the topic, Washington got the benefit of the doubt on every play until then. Totally one sided officiating. I was stunned they allowed BYU to win. Usually PAC 10 officials come up with phantom holding penalties, botched replays (see Oklahoma game), phantom face masks (BYU vs UCLA). It was a miracle. I bet they get fired for allowing BYU to win.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:08 AM   #22
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

2) The PAT was blocked because the trajectory was lower. The kid was kicking from 40 yards beyond the goal posts. Be honest with yourselves.

5) When Washington really needed to make a play Locker just boot legged it. BYU seems big but slow afoot on defense. But for the bad celebration call I'd have liked to have seen Washington just go for two and let Locker run it, quarterback draw or something. I wonder if BYU could have prevented him from getting in the end zone.
Do you know what a bootleg is and do you know how to add? 25+10=35
Old 09-07-2008, 06:19 AM   #23
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Of course the ESPN guys say that the throw wasn't high in the air.

All I know is that it was high enough to leave the viewing area.

We need someone to time how long it took to leave his hand to when it landed and then calculate the height of the throw.

So many pussies. I hope Locker takes responsibility for being a moron.
Give me the time and I can do the calculations.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:28 AM   #24
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
Do you know what a bootleg is and do you know how to add? 25+10=35

Sorry SU but chino is right here; Locker got yards when they split the defense and he ran up the middle. I don't recall any bootlegs.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:39 AM   #25
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

You kill me sometimes, SU. Posts like this make me laugh every time you get self-righteous and accuse someone of bias.

Quote:
That's just bullshit. That kick didn't have a prayer. With that surge they would have blocked the PAT from anywhere.

Quote:
6) Once again, Cali can see things no other way but his way. It's so patently obvious to him BYU would have won in OT, who cares about the unconscionable celebration call? (I can only imagine the reaction here and on CB had the call gone the other way.) Vintage Cali. (Cali, where does the LDS Church keep those $5 billion in green backs lying around?)
Pot, meet kettle. The celebration call did not take points off the board. The game was lost on the blocked PAT.

Quote:
9) We arrived at half time. I had to shoo away a BYU fan reclinging in our seats.
So? Did they not move?

Quote:
10) A couple of BYU slogans I saw on shirts seemed cult-like. "Fully invested." "The Quest." What do they mean?
LOL. That's right. It's a secret cult message. It is derived from our new temple ceremonies and has to do with plural marriage on the planet Kolob. If you come back, we will let you in on it.

Quote:
11) I decided BM is an asshole on this basis: He asked for two plays reviewed that were obvious from where I sat and on the big monitor the refs got right (the Unga fumble and the long Wasington pass to the right out of bounds on the last drive). I wish they penalized 15 yards when a team does that and the call isn't even close.
Are you kidding me? Asking for a review makes someone an asshole? This is the dumbass post of the week. It also demonstrates that you don't have a clue on the replay rule. When he does ask for a review, he has to do it quickly or the next play will start and it will be too late. He doesn't have time to sit and wait for a replay on the big board to decide whether or not a review is warranted. Furthermore, he can only request one review per game. Most of the reviews are done by the officiating crew when they are unsure. I doubt he asked for either of those reviews. Was BYU charged a timeout? Here is the rule:

Quote:
2) The head coach of either team may request that the game be stopped and a play be reviewed by challenging the on-field ruling one time during a game. A coach initiates this challenge by taking a team time out before the ball is next put in play and informing the referee that the coach is challenging the ruling of the previous play. After a review has been completed, if the on-field ruling is reversed, that team's time out will not be charged. After a review has been completed and the on-field ruling is not reversed, the charged team's time out counts as one of three permitted for that half.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:40 AM   #26
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Give me the time and I can do the calculations.
What I mean is, tell me how many seconds it was and I can tell you the height.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:24 AM   #27
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
What I mean is, tell me how many seconds it was and I can tell you the height.
I read somewhere else it was 2.36 seconds. Don't you need velocity to make the calculation?
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #28
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Of course the ESPN guys say that the throw wasn't high in the air.

All I know is that it was high enough to leave the viewing area.

We need someone to time how long it took to leave his hand to when it landed and then calculate the height of the throw.

So many pussies. I hope Locker takes responsibility for being a moron.
It's always been against the rules for players in the college game to throw the ball away after a play instead of giving it to the ref.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #29
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
What's that Mark Twain line about statistics?
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #30
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
This is the type of holding call you let go. He had a corner of his jersey. I don't see the BYU guy being detained at all.
Foolish.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote