cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2008, 01:50 AM   #11
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
In the idiot percentage? I'd say yes. This post got me a -7, lol.

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=686879
No, they are equally unreadable in general.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:41 AM   #12
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I know many Yewt "fans" will disagree with me, but I simply don't believe that the level of anger and outright nastiness is the same, while you'll certainly see some BYU fans act the same, the level of anger, mean spirited-ness and bitterness of one towards the other is just simply not on the same level.

Just my opinion.
Agree 100%. It's mostly jealousy.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:01 AM   #13
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
I also think it has to do with the increasing level of venom and anger that Yewt "fans" feel directed towards Bronco and BYU in general. I've said it several times,,,Bronco is the greatest troll in history, he gets the ire of Yewt "fans" up like no one I've ever seen in BYU history.

I know many Yewt "fans" will disagree with me, but I simply don't believe that the level of anger and outright nastiness is the same, while you'll certainly see some BYU fans act the same, the level of anger, mean spirited-ness and bitterness of one towards the other is just simply not on the same level.

Just my opinion.

Have you never read how much venom people spew about Whittingham on cougarboard. Do you just ignore WhistlePig (aka BYU Bill @kk)?
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:12 AM   #14
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Have you never read how much venom people spew about Whittingham on cougarboard. Do you just ignore WhistlePig (aka BYU Bill @kk)?
I have to admit I didn't see a response from the Funkster coming.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:33 PM   #15
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I also think it has to do with the increasing level of venom and anger that Yewt "fans" feel directed towards Bronco and BYU in general. I've said it several times,,,Bronco is the greatest troll in history, he gets the ire of Yewt "fans" up like no one I've ever seen in BYU history.

Just my opinion.
I can agree that the pinheads that hate Mendenhall are spewing some serious venom. They don't like the fact that he has had some great success thus far. Of course, a lot of the bitterness is the anti-Mormon crowd that want to use the rivalry to bash the LDS church. Those weasels are not Utah fans, but Mormon haters. Throw those out and a vast majority of the hatred is gone.

That said, I will always believe that the dickheads BYU fans hate Utah just as much. You may not notice it because you don't wear red when the two teams play.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:57 PM   #16
BoylenOver

BoylenOver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
In the idiot percentage? I'd say yes. This post got me a -7, lol.

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=686879
If I hadn't unchecked rivalry smack, I wouldn't have been able to stand that board.
BoylenOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:32 PM   #17
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Just my opinion.
I don't personally feel anything toward Bronco, but I do think you are correct. I think there are a segment of Ute fans who can't take the way that Bronco does things combined with the fact that he wins. It is a variation on the hate a segment of BYU fans had for Majerus.

I respect Bronco and what he has accomplished though of course I never want him to beat Utah.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:43 PM   #18
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
The number of idiots on utefans has increased exponentially. All of the zoots who were never fans before Meyer was there all of a sudden have shown up and ruined a great board.
Can we expect a second wave in 2009, now that Utah has gone from BCS Buster to BCS Regular?
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #19
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I can agree that the pinheads that hate Mendenhall are spewing some serious venom. They don't like the fact that he has had some great success thus far. Of course, a lot of the bitterness is the anti-Mormon crowd that want to use the rivalry to bash the LDS church. Those weasels are not Utah fans, but Mormon haters. Throw those out and a vast majority of the hatred is gone.

That said, I will always believe that the dickheads BYU fans hate Utah just as much. You may not notice it because you don't wear red when the two teams play.
I don't know, Il Pad. Most of the BYU fans who hate "Utah", actually hate ute "fans", specifically, the 50% or so who despise BYU and the LDS church.

They're reacting in kind, but very few Y fans have real animosity to the UofU as an institution. You take away the mormon hater faction, and the level of venom will come down on both sides.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #20
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

In my limited experience of meeting Ute fans and alums, their level of hate for BYU is an order of magnitude larger than BYU fans' hate for Utah.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote