cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #11
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Bronco should shut his Coaches Circle pie hole about the fans proving they are fully invested. The school would not be paying him his current salary if it werent for the fans....who are basically paying it.
These are my thoughts as well. Fans have nothing to prove to Bronco.... Absolutely nothing. Bronco really needs to stop dwelling on this.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #12
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
And the corollary to this accurate statement is ... if we beat Utah, all will be forgiven.
Sounds like life for us Utes under Howard, Stobart, Fassell.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:46 PM   #13
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Do any of you here think BYU fans boo more than other fans? I do, but I'm not sure why. Maybe it's somehow connected to the persecution complex we have as Mormons.
If you think that then you haven't been in other stadiums.....while BYU (and Utah fans) are passionate about their team,,,you ain't heard anything yet in terms of booing till you've been in a stadium where the expectations every year are BCS Bowl/National Championship or bust...and if you suck it up....you will hear it from the fans and then some.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:52 PM   #14
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

This is another example of how the BCS is ruining the sport. Rather than the fans enjoying a 9-1 season, they worry about style points. Leading by only 14 at halftime isn't good enough when you are looking up to Utah, Boise State, and Ball State.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:53 PM   #15
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Bronco should shut his Coaches Circle pie hole about the fans proving they are fully invested. The school would not be paying him his current salary if it werent for the fans....who are basically paying it.
Hey Triplet, why not just cut Bronco off from the trough, eh? Stop buying tickets to the games (you are buying tickets, right?) and show him who his boss is!

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:07 PM   #16
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
Not even close. Go to any sports game in Philadelphia.
Philly fans are an entirely different species. I don't know if it's fair to compare any fan base to that one.

I think fans of BCS team, especially in the SEC that are more vocal when they are not happy with what is going on during a game.

Perhaps BYU fans sound like they boo more because Mormons generally tend tone down the language and actually say "BOOOO!" rather than other things.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #17
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Philly fans are an entirely different species. I don't know if it's fair to compare any fan base to that one.

I think fans of BCS team, especially in the SEC that are more vocal when they are not happy with what is going on during a game.

Perhaps BYU fans sound like they boo more because Mormons generally tend tone down the language and actually say "BOOOO!" rather than other things.
I remember being at a game when Staley scampered for a long run and hearing the old people behind me in the west stands complain about the fans booing every time he touched the ball.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:13 PM   #18
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
I remember being at a game when Staley scampered for a long run and hearing the old people behind me in the west stands complain about the fans booing every time he touched the ball.
That's funny.

Time for a new hearing aid, eh folks?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #19
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Hey Triplet, why not just cut Bronco off from the trough, eh? Stop buying tickets to the games (you are buying tickets, right?) and show him who his boss is!
As usual, your missive is off-point and rambling. You have a habit of posting things that make valid points, but they are never on point to what is being discussed, so the result is confusion.

The original post was that Bronco wants fans to prove they are invested.

My post was that bronco doesnt need proof, as his salary is paid out of the Coaches Circle fund....NOT by the Church.

You respond by saying, "hey, do you even buy football tickets? show 'em who the boss is!"

Football ticket revenue is not used to fund Coaches Circle, so this is why I am confused at your response. It makes little to no sense in the context of what we are discussing. Help me help YOU, Tex. throw me a bone here.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:57 PM   #20
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

This is pretty funny. It's like a director telling movie goers that they have to prove that they are fully invested no matter what kind of product he produces. Only at BYU.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote