cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > Rules

Old 01-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #11
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Don't get moralistic on me. It doesn't go with your class clown mojo.
Can you give me an avatar. I don't seem to be able to find a picture that works. I would prefer some type of dog. If there is a girl in the pic that would be best. So...make an avatar with a dog and a hot girl...or an ugly girl. whatever.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Trust me, if I can't be bothered to read your posts, I certainly won't bother to read your PMs.
You dont read my posts? I just had a length conversation on this board last week with a guy who sounded a lot like you.....goes to parties with wealthy people, meets with real estate barons, wants to grow his Schedule E portfolio, etc...who was that guy?

This thread is starting to get more views, Little Jefe. I think the masses want to know if you are reading their PMs, too.

When you started this site and said you wanted it to be a bit more cozy than our big brother, I had no idea you meant in a Gestapo sort of way.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:30 PM   #13
K-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
You dont read my posts? I just had a length conversation on this board last week with a guy who sounded a lot like you.....goes to parties with wealthy people, meets with real estate barons, wants to grow his Schedule E portfolio, etc...who was that guy?

This thread is starting to get more views, Little Jefe. I think the masses want to know if you are reading their PMs, too.

When you started this site and said you wanted it to be a bit more cozy than our big brother, I had no idea you meant in a Gestapo sort of way.
The real question...do you like my new avatar? I do. I like the image of a dog pissing on the keyboard.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 01-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

We have already been through this recently. Vbulletin does not have a built in mechanism for administrators to read PMs. I am not reading, have never read, and pledge not to read PMs.

Having said that, the PMs of course exist in a database which is password protected, but not encrypted. I would not put anything of a personal nature in them that you can't afford to see the light of day, just like email. They are subpoenable, I assume.

VBulletin does allow for admins to expunge inboxes.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:38 PM   #15
TripletDaddy

Quote:
We have already been through this recently. Vbulletin does not have a built in mechanism for administrators to read PMs. I am not reading, have never read, and pledge not to read PMs.

Having said that, the PMs of course exist in a database which is password protected, but not encrypted. I would not put anything of a personal nature in them that you can't afford to see the light of day, just like email. They are subpoenable, I assume.

VBulletin does allow for admins to expunge inboxes.
You cant read them? Can you see them without opening them? Do you change user specs of individuals? Have you done that in the past? Any particular reason for it? Seems like a slippery slope.

The bigger issue is not the technical capabilities of vbulletin.....but why do multiple people here suspect that you are reading their personal info? Doesnt seem like the type of atmosphere you would want here, no? Maybe I am wrong. You were the one who called yourself Demiurge.

This kind of stuff is bad for business. Maybe you have found a way to prevent new people from coming here. Simply override any measure of personal privacy someone has here and change perferences, look at PMs, etc..although doing such doesnt fit your proletariat mojo....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 01-29-2008, 08:39 PM   #16
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
The real question...do you like my new avatar? I do. I like the image of a dog pissing on the keyboard.
It's cool.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:42 PM   #17
K-dog

Quote:
It's cool.
I really like what it implies about Mike's opinion on my posts. He thinks I'm a puppy pissing on the keyboard. If it was someone I respected I would be offended but from Mike it makes me feel good about myself.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 01-29-2008, 08:43 PM   #18
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You cant read them? Can you see them without opening them? Do you change user specs of individuals? Have you done that in the past? Any particular reason for it? Seems like a slippery slope.

The bigger issue is not the technical capabilities of vbulletin.....but why do multiple people here suspect that you are reading their personal info? Doesnt seem like the type of atmosphere you would want here, no? Maybe I am wrong. You were the one who called yourself Demiurge.

This kind of stuff is bad for business. Maybe you have found a way to prevent new people from coming here. Simply override any measure of personal privacy someone has here and change perferences, look at PMs, etc..although doing such doesnt fit your proletariat mojo....
Hmmmm.... The paranoid version of DDD isn't quite so amusing.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:44 PM   #19
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

This is not a business. That's your first mistake.

Anyone who suspects I am reading their personal information--I suggest you leave post-haste, because I wouldn't stick around at such a site, and neither should you.

I am a benevolent, laissez-faire dictator. But I am still a dictator at the end of the day.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:56 PM   #20
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Hmmmm.... The paranoid version of DDD isn't quite so amusing.
I asked a simple question that has gone unanswered. Who changed my pic and why?

As I stated to mike in my PM, I dont care that the avatar was changed, in and of itself. I easily changed it back.

I am curious as to why mike would do such a thing. I find strange mike's refusal to address it quickly.

The only other explanation I can think of takes me back to elementary school....Valentines day is coming up and he is teasing me because he really likes me, instead. If that is the case, then cool. I am flattered.