cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion

Old 07-25-2017, 02:13 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When you find out someone in your social scene is a Mormon

Was looking up a phone number in the electronic ward directory the other day, and happened to see a name that I recognized. It was the same last name as someone that I do bike rides with. We aren't really friends, never have talked to any extent other than a few comments about his bike equipment or "man you're strong today." So it's the same first name and last name, and his address is approximately where he starts his bike rides as seen on the social app that we use.

I went to the executive secretary and asked for more info. He didn't know him or his wife, but says according to the records he is not LDS but his wife is. That according to the file the records have been in the ward for 15 years. I assume she might be on the "do not contact list" in that case, where someone has asked not to be contacted by the church.

So I've been thinking about whether I ought to say something to him. I just did some FB snooping right now. He's a new beekeeper. Another weird coincidence. Funny.

He's a pretty strong bike rider.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote