cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone here from Spokane?

I have a job offer that I'm debating. Never been there. Wondering what it is like. Church strong? Weather? Speed of life? Culture? How is the airport there? Job market? Any insight would be appreciated.

TIA
Old 10-31-2008, 03:25 PM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

One word:

Stock.

If he were still playing, I could watch the NBA.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
CJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
One word:

Stock.

If he were still playing, I could watch the NBA.
One of the selling points of this company to me was they have a basketball court with a Jazz logo on it and Stockton "dedicated" the floor for them. I guess he comes around about once a month.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
One of the selling points of this company to me was they have a basketball court with a Jazz logo on it and Stockton "dedicated" the floor for them. I guess he comes around about once a month.
What are you waiting for, man?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

It's been years since I have been there. I had family that lived in Spokane. I remember it seeming very old. It is very close to that magnificent island hole in Coeur d'Alene.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:40 PM   #6
CJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
What are you waiting for, man?
I really don't want to relocate right now. I have another job offer that I'm weighing. No relo but lots of travel. This one is a relo but very limited travel. I want to know what it is like before I think about scheduling a trip to check it out.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:42 PM   #7
CJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
It's been years since I have been there. I had family that lived in Spokane. I remember it seeming very old. It is very close to that magnificent island hole in Coeur d'Alene.
That's kind of my impression too, but I've never been there. How are away is Coeur d'Alene. I think I would rather live in Idaho than Spokane if the commute isn't too bad.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
I have a job offer that I'm debating. Never been there. Wondering what it is like. Church strong? Weather? Speed of life? Culture? How is the airport there? Job market? Any insight would be appreciated.

TIA
Never been there, but I had a friend on my mission who was from Spokane. Maybe the best damn guy in the world. Farm kid. Tall, funny, pretty laid back.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:45 PM   #9
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

It's not far to Idaho. I want to say 1/2 hour. Then there's Sandpoint a little further north in Idaho. You're pretty close to some very nice areas. Western Montana is not too far away either.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #10
CJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post
It's not far to Idaho. I want to say 1/2 hour. Then there's Sandpoint a little further north in Idaho. You're pretty close to some very nice areas. Western Montana is not too far away either.
Translation: Balls cold winters. I'll be the first to admit. I'm a complete and total puss when it comes to winters. First winter back in Utah last year and I complained every day. If it is worse in Spokane, that may be a deal breaker.