cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2007, 07:40 PM   #11
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
In what aspect do you seek knowledge? You haven't cited one example.

I may not be the brightest bulb in the box, but my interests are diverse and extend across many subjects, most of them have nothing to do with apostasy.

In my interests involving fitness, what aspects of that involve apostasy?

In my linguistic interests, what aspects involve apostasy?

In my interests to understand the Bible, how is that necessarily involve apostasy?

In my interests on math, same question?

In literature, same question?

In travel, same question?

In psychology, philosophy, medicine, law and nature, same question?

Just because a person has interests doesn't make one an apostate. Most of the thematic discussions occurring in Church, I can do in my sleep, so I and others have other interests. If they don't interest you, that's fine. But it is completely illogical for you to associate intellectual curiosity with apostasy. If so, Nibley, B.H. Roberts and Joseph Smith would be deemed apostates.
Your so wanting to be accepting of the apostates view on here, that you don't see their transparent bullshit for what it is. This is a religion thread by the way. I'm amazed you can see the transparency of those in politics, but yet can't when it comes to tearing down the convictions of the LDS believers.

I said NOTHING of your other "intellectual" exploits. Do as you will with your bizarre world.