cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2008, 07:18 PM   #11
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
I was telling the guys on my softball team, that even Manny is gone soon, it was worth it.
I'm not sure.

As good as he has been, this isnt a surprise. He his batting average isnt significantly higher than it has been, same with HR and slugging (not saying he doesnt have good numbers....just saying that they have always been good).

Boras is going to ask for a massive fee and I dont think there are many teams that can afford to take on that kind of payroll for 4-5 years....he isn't going back to Boston, so either the Yankees sign him or he stays with LA...that is my guess.

Manny will not sign with a losing team. The Dodgers have a fantastic young nucleus, strong skipper, strong fanbase, and the city offers a lot to a wealthy Latino that likes having sex with various women.

My guess is that the Parking Lot Attendant ponies up and pays Manny for 3 yrs...about 18M per year.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #12
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I'm not sure.

As good as he has been, this isnt a surprise. He his batting average isnt significantly higher than it has been, same with HR and slugging (not saying he doesnt have good numbers....just saying that they have always been good).

Boras is going to ask for a massive fee and I dont think there are many teams that can afford to take on that kind of payroll for 4-5 years....he isn't going back to Boston, so either the Yankees sign him or he stays with LA...that is my guess.

Manny will not sign with a losing team. The Dodgers have a fantastic young nucleus, strong skipper, strong fanbase, and the city offers a lot to a wealthy Latino that likes having sex with various women.

My guess is that the Parking Lot Attendant ponies up and pays Manny for 3 yrs...about 18M per year.
That'd be nice. I hope that happens. Regardless I still think if he bolts it was worth it. Just the injection the team needed. Like the Lakers are to the NBA, MLB is better when the Dodgers are relevant.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #13
TripletDaddy

Quote:
That'd be nice. I hope that happens. Regardless I still think if he bolts it was worth it. Just the injection the team needed. Like the Lakers are to the NBA, MLB is better when the Dodgers are relevant.
totally agree.

what many people forget about this current run with Manny....the dodgers arent paying one cent! The Red Socks are paying the entire $7M of his remaining salary this season.

So basically, the deal was, "Hey, Dodgers, give up Andy LaRoachclip, and we will give you manRam...you will make several million on increased ticket sales, concessions, merch, and by the way, you will be playing for the pennant at a minimum....for FREE."

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 10-03-2008, 09:25 PM   #14
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I was telling the guys on my softball team, that even Manny is gone soon, it was worth it.
Manny's personality is perfect for LA. He's laid back and isn't much into following strict rules, so he'd never be a Yankee. And the Dodgers don't mind players who are a bit eccentric. He can keep his locks in LA.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:31 PM   #15
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Manny's personality is perfect for LA. He's laid back and isn't much into following strict rules, so he'd never be a Yankee. And the Dodgers don't mind players who are a bit eccentric. He can keep his locks in LA.
He had to trim them up a bit, actually.

But they did change the rule about no music in the clubhouse. Now Manny plays whatever he wants.

Dodger Stadium is going to be rocking this weekend.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:09 PM   #16
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
He had to trim them up a bit, actually.

But they did change the rule about no music in the clubhouse. Now Manny plays whatever he wants.

Dodger Stadium is going to be rocking this weekend.
I didn't realize the Dodgers had tightened up grooming standards.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:10 PM   #17
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I didn't realize the Dodgers had tightened up grooming standards.
jeff kent also trimmed his moustache

Old 10-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #18
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
jeff kent also trimmed his moustache
I guess it's been a long while since I watched a Dodger game.

The Dodgers need to bring back the days of Ron Cey. The Penguin always had a cool 'stache.