cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dream 6, MMA musings....

Excellent production quality. Bas seems to digress far too much when doing color since his separation from Mauro. (I think all time greatest announce team for MMA, Mauro and Bas Rutten)

Excited for the EliteXC fights with the addition of Arlovski. If they can consisently co-promote with Dream and Affliction all three organizations might make it which makes the MMA landscape more appealing.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:19 PM   #2
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
Excellent production quality. Bas seems to digress far too much when doing color since his separation from Mauro. (I think all time greatest announce team for MMA, Mauro and Bas Rutten)

Excited for the EliteXC fights with the addition of Arlovski. If they can consisently co-promote with Dream and Affliction all three organizations might make it which makes the MMA landscape more appealing.
EliteXC needs this card to be good and the addition of Arlovski was a good move.

Affliction may be in trouble with Fedor wanting to fight in Japan on January 31st, I dont think he can have a 3 week turnaround and fight again for Affliction in February.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #3
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
EliteXC needs this card to be good and the addition of Arlovski was a good move.

Affliction may be in trouble with Fedor wanting to fight in Japan on January 31st, I dont think he can have a 3 week turnaround and fight again for Affliction in February.
Not only that, but in the interview with Randy Couture when he rejoined UFC, it seemed pretty obvious to me that he has been assured that as soon as Fedor's current obligation is up that Dana White will throw whatever jack is necessary at him to make that fight happen. Heavy weights are obviously the big area holding UFC back. If Couture can get over on Lesnar, then the winner of Noguerra/Mir (I actually think it will be Mir) the third fight of that contract should be Fedor.

Hey, a guy can dream.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:05 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Is EliteXC the one on CBS? It's interesting how they can rise to such great prominence by avoiding the whole PPV thing.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:09 PM   #5
fusnik11

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
Not only that, but in the interview with Randy Couture when he rejoined UFC, it seemed pretty obvious to me that he has been assured that as soon as Fedor's current obligation is up that Dana White will throw whatever jack is necessary at him to make that fight happen. Heavy weights are obviously the big area holding UFC back. If Couture can get over on Lesnar, then the winner of Noguerra/Mir (I actually think it will be Mir) the third fight of that contract should be Fedor.

Hey, a guy can dream.
I doubt Mir wins. Mir won't knock him out and while his ground game is incredible, no way he submits Nogueira.

I don't see Randy being able to dirty box with Lesnar, he's too big and strong. I see Lesnar laying on Randy and winning by decision.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
I doubt Mir wins. Mir won't knock him out and while his ground game is incredible, no way he submits Nogueira.

I don't see Randy being able to dirty box with Lesnar, he's too big and strong. I see Lesnar laying on Randy and winning by decision.
Wait a sec, you are predicting the 1-1 guy to take down the world champion 16-8 guy? Wow.

I told you, experience counts for nothing. It's all luck.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:21 PM   #7
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I guess it depends on which Frank Mir shows up. I doubt he submits him as well, but I do think he can knock him out or at least have Nogueira on his back enough that he wins a decision.

It will be interesting to see with Lesnar. He is so powerful and with the wrestling background should be tough to contend with on the ground. Still, I don't think he has the stand up that Randy does and Randy is just hard as hell to take down. Lesnar hasn't shown that he is anything other than big and strong at this point. But Randy must show his age eventually. It will just be sad if we don't get to see him fight Fedor while he is still up to it.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:45 PM   #8
fusnik11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Wait a sec, you are predicting the 1-1 guy to take down the world champion 16-8 guy? Wow.

I told you, experience counts for nothing. It's all luck.
Randy's not a large heavyweight. Has been out of the game for over a year. Is over 40.

Brock is incredibly strong and athletic with, IMO, little MMA skills.

Do I think Brock can take him down over and over and over and win a wrestling match?

Yep.

Do I think that Brock can hang with Fedor, Nogueira, Barnett?

Nope.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:25 PM   #9
SipiTau

SipiTau is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I think Big vs Mir will come down to conditioning. Does Mir have the gas to hang with Minota? Is this a five rounder? If so, I'll take my chances with Big Nog. Mir's chances increase if it's only a three rounder.

I'm with you on Lesnar vs Randy; I see a lay & pray battle going the distance.
SipiTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:27 PM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

If polys are so tough, how come we aren't seeing more in MMA?