cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #1
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default KBYU ran a great 1 hour Cosic

story. As many of you know I transferred from USU to BYU and was not a BYU fan. Cosic turned me into a BYU BB fan and softened my heart to BYU football. BYU becoming so good in FB also didn't hurt.

Anyway, if you get a chance to see it you really should. I always thought he converted after BYU. It seems it was actually in his early days at BYU. Not converted by his teammates, but by his association with Hugh Nibley. He came to BYU as an atheist. Although they skimmed over it, it seems he was a drinker, quite common in the eastern block and smoker. He also was good with the ladies. I guess his conversion was quite a transformation.

His conversion though was not publicized while at BYU. I guess it wouldn't have gone over well back in his native land. There are great stories related by Truman Madsen and his wife. I really would encourage any of you who can to see the story.

Good thing the honor code wasn't so tightly enforced back then and that great men like Nibley and Madsen could see beyond someones superficial actions.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote