cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2006, 05:52 AM   #11
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American
Take that for what it's worth though-- I don't know anybody that I wouldn't vote in. Except Col. Sanders.
No Colonel Sanders? Then how are we going to get our KFC? I had always understood that KFC was part of the deal there.
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:38 AM   #12
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall
Quote:
Take that for what it's worth though-- I don't know anybody that I wouldn't vote in. Except Col. Sanders.
No Colonel Sanders? Then how are we going to get our KFC? I had always understood that KFC was part of the deal there.
Well then, much like those Islamic Terrorists that run into crowded markets with C-4 strapped to their bodies anticipating eternity with 70 virgins, you're going to be very dissapointed.

Did Nibley or Bushman say anything about Popeyes in the eternities? I love their red beans and rice.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:27 PM   #13
Alkili

Alkili is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapevine
Mary Fielding smith endured the same hardships as did samuel smiths wife and they did go west. Great women in lds history. Mary Fielding smith has always had either a decendent or husband of descendant in quorom of twelve. BRM married joseph fielding smiths daughter and was his replacement in quorom of twelve. When he died M russell Ballard a descendent was named. So i think she always will have posterity serving in the quorom of the twelve.
Emma knew Joesph like no other person, she new his weaknesses and his strength. We are told not to speak evil of the Lords anionted because, people will start to look at their weaknesses more then their strength, and it will distract from their calling. After this happens it makes it harder to tell the difference between the man and the calling.

For example my brother-in-laws sister kids were having some really wierd problems, and were taken to a psycologist, who told them that they were showing signs of sexual abuse. After investigating it they found that their next door neighbor had been having problems with this in the past, and was the only one that they could think of that had the availbility to do it.

The neighbor was a close friend of the bishop, and the bishop told the family that they shouldn't press charges against him and told them not to tell anyone else about what had happend. (At this time they had a lot of evidence agaist the guy) Well they ended up having to move because the bishop had turned the ward against them to the point that they were getting hate mail, and phone calls from the ward members.

Some of the advice the bishop had given their family was good and some was bad, how do they tell the difference between the two? How can you take advice from someone who may be tainted one way or the other. It is very hard to have faith in someone that you know personally to have faults.

Emma was the only one who's husband told her that he recived a revelation from God saying that he must take other wives or he will be removed. This would hurt anyone true or not, but knowing that he was a man how easy would it be to just brush it off as his weakness instead of something that might be harder to take.

In the case of Brigham Young, when he was told by Joseph to take another wife he had someone backing him up, that is something the Joseph never had in mortatlity.

Emma had to take Joseph at his word in all things. You might say "so did everyone else" but if you can't see the difference then you are refuseing to look.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:49 PM   #14
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall
Quote:
He puts a secret ingredient in it that makes you crave it fortnightly.
All-American is offline   Reply With Quote